Is it too late to apply?

<p>Hello, I told my self I was going to get my admission in by middle of August... Well It is the end of August and I still havn't submited it. I have one more essay to write and have filled out most of the admission on applytexas. If I get it turned in within a week will I be able to get in? My friend's cousin told me to get it in ASAP becaue after a certain point they stop taking admissions at all. I want to major in computer engineering/science and I quallify for 10% auto admission. </p>

<p>If you are top 10% you should be fine. Remember, they don’t assign specific Engineering majors until after your first semester. Just don’t doddle and get your application in quickly. Good luck.</p>

<p>No its not too late</p>

<p>Ok, how good do the essays have to be on top 10%? Do they look at them more or less than a non 10% admit?</p>

<p>They are only used for scholarships if you are a top 10% admit. No bearing on your admission UNLESS you don’t turn in your application soon enough to be in the rolling admissions portion of engineering majors. Last year they filled to 85% then the last 15% were filled by competitive basis with all remaining applicants ( top 10%, Academic, and review) who put down engineering.</p>

<p>To correct your first post … they don’t stop taking applications until the deadline - the issue is that majors fill up & either you don’t get your major or you have to compete for the major. </p>

<p>When do they start looking at the application? Is it once you turn it in at apply Texas or not until you submit all the required documents? </p>

<p>Once your required documents are in your file is noted as complete and it then goes for review.</p>

<p>I got my application and essays turned in Wednesday. I mailed my transcript yesterday. I took my ACT back in April and got them to send it back then so the college should have it? How do I find out if A&m has received everything? Do I get an email that gives me a username so I can login to ais? </p>

<p>Yes you will receive a UIN which you then use to log in to AIS which tracks the status of your application and can show you when other documents are received.</p>

<p>So I should receive an email by the end of this week? </p>

<p>Yes mine within a week</p>

<p>Dont worry too much (if at all) about your essays if you are in top 10%</p>

<p>Well I mailed my transcript on the 19th and they got it last Friday so now my application is being reviewed. How long until I find out if I am admitted? A month? Also how long do I have to turn in meningitis and final transcript? A month before I go?
Can I schedule a visit to the campus? Have so many more questions. So they don’t sign majors until your a sophomore? I want to go Into computer engineering (computer science). I should have 18 college hours when I graduate high school. 2 English, college algebra, govt/eco, and physiology. </p>