Is this equivalent to being waitlisted? (engineering student in need of help)

<p>Or is it equivalent to being accepted so long as I dont drop my courses and maintain straight As? I am a petroleum engineering transfer student from California.</p>

<hr>

<p>Your application for admission to Texas A&M University has been completed and reviewed. We would like to postpone a decision and review your file once the spring semester is complete.</p>

<p>Please send an official transcript with your current Spring grades to the Office of Admissions by June 1, 2014. We will use your Spring grades to reconsider your application for Fall admission. If we do not receive a transcript by June 1, we will assume that you have made plans to enroll elsewhere in the fall and do not wish to be considered further for admission to Texas A&M.</p>

<p>This offer for reconsideration is applicable only to applicants studying in the U.S. who the academic college felt may be more competitive for their major once the current semester is completed or who did not meet the university's minimum requirements for review (at least 24 graded, transferable hours and cumulative grade point average at or above 2.5).</p>

<p>To view additional details regarding your application, access the Transfer Audit Report available on the Applicant channel in the Howdy portal, howdy.tamu.edu. If no courses are complete then an audit will not be available.</p>

<p>You may view this official letter in the Correspondence tab at the bottom of the AIS page.</p>

<p>We appreciate your interest in Texas A&M University and wish you the best in your educational pursuits.</p>

<h2>Office of Admissions</h2>

<p>Also I have a major issue with regards to the date they request the spring transcripts to be sent. My spring semester does not end until June 6th! The transcripts requiring my spring grades are due June 1st. Any advice or help would be appreciated.</p>

<p>It actually seems to be neither of those; rather, it is more like being deferred until spring semester is complete…in any case you will need to call the admissions office to tell them of the June 6 date for your spring grades…see what their response is- I’m sure they will extend the review date. But…do you have other transfer acceptances that need responses before then? If so, you would need to deposit at one and be prepared to lose that deposit if your first choice comes through. Good luck!</p>

<p>I got the same letter… I’m transferring (petE) as freshman and only have 28hrs from last semester. This may be the reason they want my spring grades. I asked the same questions to the tamu admission office. They told me I can still get rejected even I have straight A (if the deparemt is full). I’m sure you can tell them about your situation. I sent my grades late and they sill took it. </p>

<p>I actually know 2 people who aren’t accepting their PE admissions. 1 to go to UT Austin for PE, 1 to go to UTD for something else. So may be that opens up 2 slots!</p>

<p>I just called the school and they said June 1st is a “hard” deadline for official transcripts. This is equivalent to being rejected because my last day of the spring semester is June 6th.</p>