IU Kelley Petition Tracker 2023

What is the maximum amount of time to hear on the Kelley petition

2 Likes

It looks like the very latest would be April 14th.

Hi! I submitted my petition the first week of October, and people who submitted after me have received their decision. Is the process usually out of order in terms of submission dates?

1 Like

petition is considered after admission to IU. 4 to 6 weeks from the admission date you can call kelley and check.

2 Likes

Applied to IU 10/30, did Kelley petition on 11/18, got accepted into IU 11/29, when will I hear back from Kelley? I have 4.8 W gpa, and applied test optional with fairly strong Extracurricular activities?

I can’t say when you will hear from Kelley, but I can share my daughter’s timeline. She submitted her application on 9/12 and completed her petition on 9/23. She was accepted into IU on 10/18 and received the direct admit email from Kelley on 11/29, so it was exactly six weeks to the day after her acceptance.

Looking at the Kelley Petition Tracker forum from last year, it seems as though (1) it is definitely the case that acceptance can and will often be out of order with others when comparing their petition sent date and (2) IU seems to send out acceptance notifications in batches…the first one was 2 weeks ago and it seems like the next batch of accepted students haven’t been notified/determined yet. I’m guessing the next batch of notifications will be sent soon…hopefully this week. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Yes. When accepted to Kelley as direct admit. You will receive and email directly from Kelley Bschool with the decision. This comes before they update the portal or at least it did for my daughter this application cycle.

Any word yet?

This is correct. My daughter got an email directly from Kelley (BSchool) around 8:40am on 11/29. Her portal didn’t update until two days ago, so it took approximately two weeks.

And how long after the acceptance to IU?

She was accepted to IU on 10/18 and got the Kelley email on 11/29, so six weeks exactly.

2 Likes

My portal says that I was accepted to IU Bloomington on 12/13. How do I know if I got into Kelley? I submitted a petition since my school does not show/send gpa but I am not sure if I qualify as a direct admit with my grades.

Per the admissions office, you will hear from Kelly 4-6 weeks after admission if you directly qualify (GPA, test score). If you had to submit the Review Request, the response is rolling and they can only say that you will hear by April 14 (but probably sooner).

1 Like

Has anybody heard about their petition recently? Son petitioned over 8 weeks ago and hasn’t heard. Seems like nobody has recently

My son petitioned mid September. Accepted to IU on 10/18 and still waiting for a response from Kelley.

Same, no word from Kelley. My son got into IU on 11/1, petitioned Kelley in October.

My son submitted IU app on 10/15, request for DA to Kelley 10/17
IU admitted on 11/10
Still waiting for Kelley

My DD was 2 weeks ahead of him for application submission and acceptance. She heard from Kelley on 12/7 (6 weeks to the request)

Based on my daughters timeline and everything I have hard and they state, he should hear tomorrow (6 weeks to the day). Fingers crossed.

Applied to IU on 9/18, petitioned on 10/05, IU admittance on 10/18. Still waiting to hear back on the petition.

What if my son resubmitted his review a month after his first one because he didn’t think he received a confirmation but then realized he did get a confirmation will it affect his admittance?

1 Like