IU Kelley Petition Tracker 2023

It would be best to contact Kelley Admissions office. The petition process did say that submitting multiple petitions would lead to delays in review.

2 Likes

From the Kelley admissions website - “if you submit a request and receive a confirmation email, do not submit a new one. This will overwrite your original date of submission and cause delays in review and decision.” You should contact Kelley Admissions at bschool@indiana.edu

Wondering what is the average response time for Kelley review petition (not direct admit). My daughter submitted her Kelley petition late November and waiting.

No idea. My son filed his appeal shortly after applying in October…nothing. My hope is that things will start rolling soon. All the early applicants will have a decision @ January 15. At that point the school should know how many direct admits they have, approximate historical yield rate of those students and perhaps be in a better position to know how many appeals to grant. Not sure if there is also a breakdown in decision timing for those who submitted a standardized test score vs those who went test optional.

1 Like

I don’t believe there is a true average response time. We petitioned on 10/05 and are still waiting. Based on the 2022 Kelley petition thread on CC from last year, some folks who petitioned early in Oct only head back on Feb or even March. So the spread is as long as 5 months to as short as 6 weeks.

1 Like

The kelley direct admit day RSVP is now active(i think i did not click). Please rsvp if kelley is one of your top choices as spots fill up quickly. Two dates are available.
March 24-25 and March31-April1

2 Likes

The link is active. My daughter was able to register once she got her direct admit email. She’s excited to attend because we haven’t visited campus yet. This will give her an opportunity to “kick the tires” on IU and Kelley.

Is Kelley still accepting petitions? If so when is the latest I would hear back?

According to their website, they accept petitions until February 1st, and if you are accepted, you will hear by April 14th at the latest.

I applied to IU EA on 10/30, and petitioned 11/18, and got an acceptance letter for iu via email on 12/1. When will approximately hear from them(kelley petition)? I applied test optional with 4.8 gpa and strong business related extra curricular activities

That doesn’t matter for Kelley. Kelley only looks at GPA and test score.

I thought the point of the petition was if you didn’t fit the automatic direct admit qualifications. Such as applying test optional. I thought the petition was the request for a holistic review of your application?

1 Like

The petition is not for holistic review. The Direct Admit criteria are clearly laid out in terms of GPA and SAT/ACT scores. You need to petition in case you don’t meet these criteria.

1 Like

But I thought I had read people posted bring accepted after petition review that had applied rest optional?

If you go TO, you need to petition. You need a GPA (W) of 3.8 or higher AND a SAT score of 1370 or ACT of 30 for Direct Admission to Kelley. If you don’t meet both criteria, you need to petition.

1 Like

I think we’re the same the same thing and not understanding each other. Got it. Thanks.

I guess they will look at your GPA, SAT score and the petition short essay and then make a determination. I don’t know what other criteria are looked at and am hence not sure if the applicant is looked at “holistically.” For example, the IU specific essay doesn’t form part of the petition review process.

IU is clear as to what they look at when reviewing Kelley direct admit petitions. There is also an additional comments section on the petition, for applicants who have something else they want to communicate beyond answering the Kelley specific essay question.

The question on the review request matches an essay I wrote for IU Admissions or on common App. Can I use the same one?
Yes. The Kelley School of Business does not view any portion of your IU application or Common App. The review request will include your GPA, test score, transcripts, and answers to the questions on the request. Your response should be limited to 250 words.

Any NON direct (ie do not meet the gpa/test requirements)applicants hear anything recently?

1 Like

Waiting

1 Like