IUP vs York colege of PA for BSN

<p>My D is trying to decide b/n these two schools any one with insight about their nursing programs? Both look pretty good on the NCLEX pass rates. We are not from PA so money is about the same after scholarships.</p>

<p>My daughter is looking at both of those colleges too.</p>

<p>York College is within walking distance of a huge hospital. The only hospital in Indiana is a relatively small one, and there is little for an hour in all directions. York also is in the middle of a metropolitan area with a bus system that connects to other clinical opportunities. Therefore, York would have the advantage as far as clinical opportunities and as far as probably not needing a car for clinicals.</p>

<p>There are some reviews of Indiana U. that say that too many students treat it as a party school. While the nursing students are likely to be serious, they may be in some classes with many students who are not.</p>

<p>Some reviews of York by students express some concerns about crime. The immediate neighborhood seems fine to me, but to people who are not used to a diverse city, it may be a concern.</p>

<p>I’m guessing that York has more commuting students than Indiana.</p>

<p>thank you for your imput I was thinking the same thing about the hospital being close by.</p>

<p>We have a friend in the nursing program at York, a male student…likes the program,ok with the school in general,not in love with the immediate area…Also has commented on his observation that mnay students leave on weekends</p>