Plattsburgh vs York College of Pennsylvania

<p>My D is trying to decide between these 2 programs -any input would be appreciated.We are NY residents. Plattsburgh would be about 7500$ a year less after all scholarships and expenses. She likes the physical layout of York better(one 2 hour visit)but she thought Plattsburgh's nursing program was a little better. It was half the size and she liked the director.Both are direct entry, have hospitals close by, start nursing classes in the second year and have good NCLEX results.Based on experience, does anyone know of anything specifically about these 2 programs and their reputations? After the first year does the college itself mater or is it about the nursing program at that point?</p>

<p>I’d also look at the relative sizes of the hospitals that are available for clinical opportunities. York Hospital is very very large and within walking distance of York College. Yes, York College is the least expensive private college that I know of.</p>

<p>If a student knows where they eventually wish to work, it can be desirable to go to college in that area. As someone else noted, through clinicals, that gives the employers a chance to get to know the job candidates and the students a chance to get to know the employers. I’m guessing many hospitals like to hire nurses from local nursing schools, because they know what they are getting.</p>

<p>Thanks for the input. The hospital at Plattsburgh is even closer but I believe much smaller than York. She really doesn’t know where she wants to settle yet.</p>