Jacobs University Bremen Decisions!

<p>Somewhere around the end of March and the beginning of April</p>

<p>@sarbaraj101 , Did you apply via Round II?</p>

<p>Hey i got into Jacobs University in Round 1. Although right now i am undecided about where i am going to be heading. I also got accepted into UBC and Simon Fraser University with partial scholarships in both- in Canada which are better ranked universities which are more international, have a rich heritage and provide great opportunities. I want to study International Relations. Congratulations to all those who got into Jacobs. Great job! Have a productive and fun 3 years!
Ps- If anybody has any advice for me i would appreciate it.</p>

<p>UBC>JUB>SFU in my opinion! Are you Canadia btw? Because the notification for international scholarships isn’t for a month! Unless your talking about the entrance scholarships! </p>

<p>Anyway UBC is the best of the 3 coz of the history of excellence. Moreso than the other 2! Fun fact UBC has more patents filled per student than harvard! Funner fact: cow tipping was discredited by a ubc prof! Lol!</p>

<p>@lindoc
yeah</p>

<p>@kimathi
Have you applied to JUB too?</p>

<p>haha thanks for the fun facts Kimathi. However im pretty sure between SFU and JUB, SFU would beat JUB in every single field there is. Granted SFU focuses more on humanities, social sciences and business, i believe that in the educational market they have to be definitely above JUB. That being said JUB is still an excellent university that has to grow as time moves forward. 10 years in the span of an educational institution is not enough to make a name. However it is getting there maybe in 10-20 more years.</p>

<p>@menona93 on paper SFU does beat JUB in every single way that is why I explicitly stated that it was MY OPINION… :slight_smile: All are excellent universities and I’m sure u’ll do great wherever!</p>

<p>@sarba I have indeed! We all need our safety nets! But I’ve sorta fallen in love with it! I’ve nt talked to you in a while bro! Hope everything is going ok!</p>

<p>@Kimathi, do you know Kenyans accepted via Round 1? I also applied in round II.</p>

<p>I only know one other person who has also applied and it is for round II as well! </p>

<p>Which country are you from?</p>

<p>@Kimathi, Am from Kenya. I also know only one other person who has applied, via Round 2. A former classmate. I too applied in round 2.</p>

<p>@ Kimathi- Thanks for the advice, and before when u asked me if am canadian…no im not, im an indian studying in Milan, italy. Yep, so for now im going to vancouver, most probably UBC!!:)</p>

<p>All the best lindoc!</p>

<p>Good luck lindoc! I actually have a friend there currently who convinced me to apply. Otherwise Germany was not one of my viable options. :)</p>

<p>@menona are you talkinh out the ILOT of the ISHA?? Don’t the results os those come out eith this month or in April?? Or did you get some early notification. Just being nominated soes not guarantee an award. Am I missing something here? :)</p>

<p>@ Kimathi
Well i had just received an outstanding international student scholarship/award and a small president’s entrance scholarship. They are non renewable scholarships for the first year.</p>

<p>Ohh! My bad! Yap I received a President’s Entrance Scholarship as well! The $500 one right?? Waiting on the big awards (ILOT for me) which will be announced sometime this month or latest next month.</p>

<p>^^^ What scholarship are you people talking about here?? (If you don’t mind telling)…</p>

<p>hello guys
im going to apply to JUB too. I’ve got rejected from NYUAD like 2 days ago, so im pretty determined about it :slight_smile:
but ive got questions
do i need sat II??
i though just SAT I.</p>

<p>and about financial aid-do i need to apply for it, or i might get full or partial scolarships with submitting my app?
which way should i choose? cuz i do need a financial help </p>

<p>thanx, btw im from Russia :)</p>

<p>@derzessa</p>

<p>I was also rejected by NYUAD but under EDI. but now I find JUB a better choice for me.=D</p>

<p>well SATII scores are not required.
SAT I is enough. and remember TOEFL score should also be submitted.</p>

<p>you need to submit your certificate of finances to the financial aid office but remember, both of your official school transcript and financial documents MUST be submitted to JUB via REGULAR MAIL.</p>

<p>you should submit your application as soon as possible to get much scholarship but actually you would receive more grant or tuition popostment than scholarship.
both financial aid and scholarships are limited, so, ASAP!!!</p>

<p>No matter how much financial aid you need to obtain, you should submit acertificate of deposit in bank with no less than 1000, euro and the employment letters of your parents or tax forms.</p>

<p>Jacobs university bremen is a need blind college. so dont worry about the finances.</p>

<p>and, you can find more detailed instructions on the official web pages. make sure that you have read them carefully for many times if you take the application to JUB seriously.</p>

<p>BTW. Where do you live in Russia? =D</p>

<p>@ Ahoy91 University of British Columbia (UBC) scholarships.</p>

<p>@ Kimathi- I had also received an OIS award for about 3000$, not much but still something right.</p>