JHU ED II Waitlist 2026

Anyone get waitlisted from JHU ED II?

It seems odd to waitlist early decision candidates and have them wait potentially through the summer to hear back…

2 Likes

Chinese premed applicant waitlisted by JHU ED2,it seems weird though and we might have to wait through 3+ months, depressed about it.

Btw does anyone know how many are accepted by JHU waitlist every year?

Based on the threads from last year it was very few and some were still hanging onto false hope in August.

Wait listed engineering. Last year from thread, JHU over-enrolled. That may make less number to be off the waitlist. I have seen somewhere on prior years’ Forums, numbers can be anywhere less than 10 to 100.

1 Like

It is difficult to find recent JH Common Data Set information, but I did locate two older years and literally 1 person was admitted off the wait list each of those 2 years. I’m not joking. Maybe JH’s waitlist policies have changed and they admit more waitlisted candidates these days, or maybe they don’t.

2012-2013:
2730 waitlisted
2442 accepted a spot on the waitlist
1 applicant accepted off the waitlist

2014-2015:
1876 waisted
1143 accepted a spot on the waitlist
1 applicant accepted off the waitlist

1 Like

I was looking back at the waitlist thread for the class of 2025 and someone mentioned receiving a “top placement” notice in March.

Congratulations! You have been designated as a top placement on our waitlist. The admissions committee has recognized your hard work and talents and would like to offer you a spot in the class of 2025. Our capacity to admit wait-listed students varies from year to year, and we cannot determine how many spaces we can offer until mid-May. However, it is very likely that spaces will become available. When a spot in our class officially becomes available, we will review your application and admit you to the class.

It doesn’t seem like they waitlist a ton of ED II students (given how little evidence there is of it online) so do you think there’s a chance we get any kind of priority? I know they mentioned that it isn’t ranked but having some preference to ED II candidates doesn’t necessarily violate that.

Son got waitlisted. Per official email, it does not look like they have a ranking. But I’m sure based on where vacancies open up and what kind of students they want to fill, they will make the selection.

JHU seems to offer a lot of waitlists. Almost insane, yet admits so low.

Johns Hopkins just released RD results and accepted 1568 more students for a total of 2408 offers (marginally less than last year’s 2476 admits)

Previous enrollment seems to hover around 1300 students

• Class of 2025 — 1338 enrolled (54.0% yield)
  • Class of 2024 — 1300 enrolled (49.9% yield)
  • Class of 2023 — 1363 enrolled (46.2% yield)
  • Class of 2022 — 1319 enrolled (45.6% yield)

Based on past threads they had actually overenrolled last year, so my guess would be that they’re aiming for a class size of 1300 flat. This would make sense since some actually made it off the waitlist in 2020 where the reported first-year enrollment for the class of 2024 matched this figure perfectly. That said, it seems over 1090 or 69.5% of RD admits would need to decline their offer before they begin considering waitlisted students this year.

Thoughts on the likelihood of that happening?

Anyone here has updated new?

nope…

Anything?

nope

any movement?

From what I saw, a couple people on reddit got accepted around 2 weeks ago.

Do you know what majors? Link if you can share? Thanks.

Neuroscience I believe, its on the johns hopkins megathread. I know one person in my school who got accepted (applied math I think?)

any update?

Did anyone get off the wait list - Computer Science?

My son just got extended waitlist email. Anyone, same boat?