Johnson Scholarship -- Class of 2022

@kmuenste you’d be fine in jeans (not super distressed or super low rise), a sweater or cute top, scarf, and boots or booties for class visits and departmental open houses. For interviews, a dress or skirt/dress pants with jacket is best. Pack PJ’s or a robe since you’ll be trekking to a hall bathroom. Don’t forget to travel in something presentable (not yoga pants & flipflops), and carry-on luggage is best so you don’t risk arriving without your baggage.

for those flying, how are y’all fitting a sleeping bag and pillow, as well as clothes and everything else into your carryon suitcase?

I’m not sure about the sleeping bag thing either

I seem to recall my daughter brought a large suitcase and checked it and then carried on her sleeping bag. Also, be prepared that the dorms are coed! LOL my daughter walked down hall with boy wrapped in a towel. I ditto @yauponredux – those are good clothing choices. Comfortable shoes are a must – lots of walking.

I got called by a Johnson scholar, he told me that if I don’t have/can’t bring a sleeping bag, they are going to provide it for me. I can’t bring one, so I guess it’s fine. Anyway, see you guys tomorrow!

Just got an email titled WLU Visitor Account Receipt. There really isn’t much more info in the email other than instructions for logging into the account and an expiration date. Does anyone know what this account is for?

My D18 mentioned it as a WiFi log on before I dropoed her off in Lexington.

Waiting for a report on the competition!

D18 really hopes she gets it! She enjoyed the whole process, said that her host was very nice, and enjoyed attending class. I think she didn’t feel as confident about the group interview. Thanks for the advice and encouragement before she went!

I also greatly enjoyed the whole process! It made me so happy thinking that this school cares about me! I would still consider attending even if I can’t get the scholarship.

Just checked the portal, I GOT IT!!! I wasnt really sure about it because my interviews were bleh but I guess they liked me enough :slight_smile: good luck to you guys too!!! Regardless of the decision, we’re all winners :slight_smile:

I got it too! Congrats to everyone else who gets it too! #wlu2022 Can’t wait to see y’all again this next year!

@dispointed and @collegekid791243 congrats! Where on the portal did you see it? I’m about to check.

D17 got it!! She said she felt really confident about the three on one interview, which her host said is a big factor, Good luck to everyone else!!! #ProudMomma

Congrats everyone! Where on the portal was it and did you receive an email?

What? How did you guys get the notification? I checked my portal but there is nothing new.

@HappySquirrel Same here

@HappySquirrel @Anonymous1418 @gclsports
Someone in a previous year’s thread mentioned a change in the financial aid portal. All I have is an unclickable blue heading “W&L University Scholarship Requirements.” The other poster seemed to say this was the update, but I’m not sure if it’s new or not. Do you have that heading?

Good luck to everyone!!

@kmuenste No, I’m able to click on the financial aid portal and it looks the same.

I have that unclickable blue heading too, and everything looks the same. The W&L admissions said that the decision will be released this Friday. I am confused.