Journalism Career - USC, UC Berkeley, Emory, GWU, Syracuse?

<p>Okay, I am in need of some input! I am really having a tough time weighing my options. Any advice is appreciated!</p>

<p>I've been accepted to Emory, USC, UC Berkeley, GWU, Syracuse, Mizzou and Minnesota. My top choices are Emory, USC, UCB and GWU. I also have to weigh financial aid.</p>

<p>Emory's journalism program sounds promising once you're accepted, but I've also heard that it's really competitive and tough to get into? Only 60 students total? I admit I need to do more research, but will anyone share what they know? I think the school would be great. Good internship opportunities. They gave me good financial aid.</p>

<p>I've been accepted to USC's Annenberg School of Communication and Journalism. This is good because I'm already in — so no worrying about going to school and then not getting accepted to the journalism program. I know Annenberg is amazing, but I'm not sold on USC and its location.</p>

<p>UC Berkeley doesn't have journalism as a major, just Media Studies. I wouldn't mind, but I don't know how that would leave me after graduation. Their grad school is great, so I would benefit from that. However, I'm OOS, so Cal is also the most expensive option. I like the overall school the best, but I think the program may not be the best fit.</p>

<p>I've also gotten into GWU's Media School. This is also comforting since I know I'm in their program. D.C. is great for internships and opportunities, but I visited the campus and wasn't in love. GWU also isn't specifically journalism (although I know their Media major is similar to journalism, whereas Cal's is more about history). GWU would be almost free for me.</p>

<p>This post is long, but I would really appreciate any advice or input. I'm running out of time to make a decision, and I didn't expect to be in this predicament! I plan to double major in journalism/media studies and sociology. Ultimately, I want to go somewhere that will best prepare me for a journalism career. But money is also a factor. Thank you in advance to anyone who responds. My mind keeps spinning and I can't make sense of my options. Thanks!</p>

<p>In my opinion Newhouse and Annenberg are the top two.</p>