Just accepted and attempting to set up TAMU email account

Howdy everyone! My son just received his TAMU acceptance to the Class of 2021 yesterday. For some reason, when we log on to the Howdy website, we are not seeing the “button” at the top of the screen with the email icon. We are only seeing buttons for “Search”, “Help”, and “Logout”. He has all 6 tabs and his status in AIS is “accepted”.

From what I can tell reading the “Help” guidelines, he should activate his TAMU email address on the Howdy portal, but we can’t seem to figure out how to make that happen.

Any guidance or suggestions?

Congratulations to all Aggies and their families!

@try2figureitout Have you accepted the admissions yet and registered for you new student conference yet? I found this online. See if it helps you
https://scsdistance.tamu.edu/files/Admitted%20Students/Activating_TAMU%20Email.pdf

Thank you for the pdf. We have not “accepted” admissions yet. My understanding is that you accept admission by registering for the new student conference. At this point, the portal to register for NSC is not ready to accept applicants (I believe they have a future date listed). Based on the .pdf you provided, it looks like he will activate his TAMU email after accepting admission. We were successful in registering for Housing this morning.

@try2figureitout If I recall correctly, I think that is what we did for the email. My son didn’t accept his until after receiving all decisions, which was in spring. We did do the housing as soon as he received his A&M acceptance so if he accepted there, he would have priority.
We did late June NSC and no trouble registering for classes in Engineering. Have your son get used to reading the classes and build practice schedules on http://freecollegeschedulemaker.com/ Make several schedules and have back up classes for a specific time in case one is full. Rate my professor was handy and accurate.https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/
Take some reviews with a grain of salt. You can tell the legit ones from bogus or students who blame Profs for bad grades. So far, my son hit it on the head with his using this. He said he will definitely rate after each semester because the reviews helped him so.
My son was the first one out of registration in about 5 minutes. He took his laptop with the schedules he built on it but used their computer to register. One class UIN he used was for the wrong class so he has another UIN for that same class at the same time just different prof and it worked out.
His roommate, who was in honors, it took the whole 4 hours. There were not enough honors classes open and they had to wait for more to open during registration. He had to have X number of honors courses to keep in tuition scholarship because he was out of state. Combined with not being familiar with how to read the courses, UIN numbers etc. They give you a crash course on day of NCS and kids and parents are frantically trying to practice at lunch on day 2 right before registration. It can be crazy.

Thank you, Thelma2, all great advice. Will definitely implement your suggestions.