Just for fun: “Top” Ivy?

I occasionally see posters referring to their kid attending a “top” Ivy, and frankly, I find that term just silly. Depending on your criteria, any one of the eight Ivy schools could fit this adjective. I guess they may mean highest ranked or most prestigious name. So I thought it would be fun to share what each of the Ivies are considered the “top” in any category. Maybe some future Ivy Leaguers can glean some insight as well. This is meant to be fun and light-hearted.

I’ll start:

Dartmouth is obviously the top Ivy geographically. Just look at a map.

2 Likes

Moving out of the serious subforums

4 Likes

Cornell is definitely top for cow comfort.

The dairy has state of the art cow comfort, including sand-bedded stalls, ample ventilation through curtained sidewalls, and evaporative cooling with sprinklers and fans for relief during summertime heat.

(From Facilities | CALS)

2 Likes

Dartmouth is definitely the top Ivy. At 541’ above sea level, it towers over the lower Ivies.

4 Likes

Harvard is tops for number of references on the TV series Gilligan’s Island.

UPenn is tops for “Ivy most likely to be confused with a public flagship”.

6 Likes

Thank goodness this is not a serious thread!

5 Likes

Comfortable cows make the best ice cream. Cornell Dairy Bar ice cream is available in the dining halls, which helps give Cornell top status for dorm food.

5 Likes

Brown is first alphabetically and should be at the top of any Ivy list.

7 Likes

Please note that Cornell resides at 896 feet in elevation.

3 Likes

Oooh! :persevere:

Cornell is the top Ivy then!

3 Likes

Dartmouth is the top Ivy based on Northern most latitude!

" Harvard is tops for number of references on the TV series Gilligan’s Island."

Then Yale would be for Gilmore Girls :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And they would likely all win on Too Close for Comfort as Ted Knight’s character was always switching up which college he repped on his sweatshirts.

2 Likes

Dartmouth tops the list in so many fun ways, including top mascot. Meet Keggy the keg!

4 Likes

Columbia might be number two in alphabetical order, but it is number one for cockroaches!

3 Likes

Love Keggy! Brown’s neighbor RISD certainly has an interesting mascot. For the sake of decency, I won’t share a pic!

Of course I had to look that up. Lol

Oh Oh. This is silly, but bad…

I have a daughter who is a current DVM student. Clearly the top Ivy is Cornell (even if she doesn’t go there). The Dairy Bar Ice Cream and elevation just add to this. Except…

I have a daughter who is applying to PhD programs in a particular subfield of biology. For her particular subfield of biology, Harvard is the top Ivy. Except…

My wife got her master’s degrees at Columbia.

I cannot choose from among the people I love. So, the “top” Ivy is a tie.

Andy went to Cornell, so it must be Top Ivy.

4 Likes