L&S scholarships

So I found this

Non-resident incoming freshmen are considered for Letters & Science undergraduate scholarships directly through submission of the UW-Madison admissions application. No separate college scholarships application is required for non-residents (including international and Minnesota students) intending to enroll in the College of Letters & Science. There are only a few scholarships available to non-resident Letters & Science incoming freshmen (less than 10) and most have a financial need preference.

As an out of state l&s applicant, it seems like I’m automatically considered. When would I hear back referring to the scholarships? Or would it have said on the financial aid packet?

@Madison85

My guess is end of April.

If anyone is still waiting, letters only went out to those who received awards. We called since nothing had been emailed. It appears two weeks ago L&S posted the following update: http://scholarships.ls.wisc.edu/incoming-freshman.htm

Incoming Freshmen:
Scholarship Awards Update: 04/03/2017

Non-Residents

All offers to non-residents have been emailed. Few awards were available (less than 10) and the offers are now out.

We regret that we are unable to extend financial support to the excellent high school students wishing to attend the College of Letters & Science. We recognize that the grades, scores, and accomplishments of the incoming class are outstanding. We wish you every success and hope to see you at SOAR this summer. There are more opportunities to compete for scholarships throughout your undergraduate career.