Lakeside?

<p>^^^ HAHAHAHA!!! 3 trips to Target in 2 days when we moved D into her dorm for the summer. Some things we planned on buying there and not buying here and transporting, ex over the door mirror. Didn’t want to clean broken glass out of the car after a 9 hour drive. Thought we bought everything we needed on that trip on day before she moved in. Wrong!
Day she moved in, groceries. After we got everything in the room but not unpacked before parent/student lunch meeting, back to Target for a big fan and a few other things we saw we needed.</p>

<p>Question about Lake Side Rooms. I am living in Lake Side West this year. We are assigned a room in the suite before we get there. Either A,B,C,D. Is it true that room D is the biggest? On the floor plan it says that all the rooms are 10x10, but room D looks fairly larger.</p>

<p>My D is in room D for Summer. Not sure it is bigger. It does have the closet offset so it is not a perfect square like the others. It may add a tad bit more room. She was hoping to get D more for the view.</p>

<p>Is there room for a bookshelf in the bedroom? Also read Towels have a hard time drying hanging up in bathroom? Is this true and do you recommend a drying rack for towels in bedroom?</p>

<p>You don’t need a drying rack (takes up space)…but yes, towels have trouble drying. Simply hanging them somewhere in the bedroom or somewhere other than the small enclosed shower room (i.e., out in sink area, if there are racks there - Riverside there were none) is sufficient. I’ve often thought a free-standing oil-filled heated towel rack would be a nice luxury item to send. (We have them hard-wired in our bathrooms at home and they are heaven.)</p>

<p>There is room in the bedroom as well as the vanity/sink area to put a towel rack. I would not get anything huge. Since I believe you can put nails in the walls in Lakeside, correct me if I’m wrong, a very lightweight towel bar installed on the side wall in the vanity area would work. Both people sharing that area could put one on each side. </p>

<p>As for a bookshelf, that is all going to depend on how you arrange the furniture. If you were to put the dresser under the bed, yes. Just remember, that takes away some valuable work space that is in short supply. You can do the headboard bookshelf project. You can rent one from the company there in Tuscaloosa ($250 for the year). Or, build one for a grand total of $150 for all supplies. That is what we are doing. If you go this route you can not raise the bed too high. Keep the bed no higher than 30-32" underneath to do the headboard bookcase.</p>

<p>My older daughter lived in the “C” room in Lakeside West. She didn’t put any of her furniture under the bed and she had room for all the provided furniture as well as a bookshelf, a shoe rack, and a 61 key piano keyboard. This did use up almost every inch of the perimeter of the room and the door opened slightly into the keyboard.</p>