LBGTQ friendly architecture programs

Hi, what are some queer friendly programs, maybe some that LGBTQ faculty? Thanks in advance!

I don’t know specifically but check out the Pride index Campus Pride's 2020 BEST OF THE BEST LGBTQ-Friendly Colleges & Universities - Campus Pride

and stick to blue states of course if possible because even if the university is lgbtq friendly you need the surrounding area and legal environment to be so as well.

A gay student I know has been very happy with Syracuse’s architecture program and has done two study abroad programs.

1 Like

Are you looking for B. Architecture programs (professional degree) or just schools with architecture majors? In case you are not already aware, your child will need to get either a B. Arch or M. Arch from a NAAB-accredited to school in order to become a licensed architect. You can find accredited programs here.

I would be willing to bet that these schools are LGBTQ-friendly and are accredited by NAAB for a B. Arch:

Cal Poly - San Luis Obispo
Cal Poly - Pomona
Illinois Institute of Technology
New Jersey Institute of Technology
CUNY City College
CUNY College of Technology
Cooper Union (NY)
Cornell (NY)
Pratt (NY)
Rensselaer Polytechnic (NY)
Syracuse (NY)
U. of Oregon
Rhode Island School of Design
Virginia Tech

If you’re open to a non-B. Arch program, then that opens the doors even wider.

1 Like

Cal poly slo

If you choose to include this in the preference factors, it is the state level government that matters for this purpose, not how the state may have voted in US presidential or senate elections.

1 Like