LEDA Scholars Application 2021-2022

Hey everyone! I’m creating this thread for anyone interested in applying to LEDA. LEDA is a selective, all-expenses-paid, seven-week summer program at Princeton that also helps students from low-income backgrounds apply to and succeed at the nation’s top universities.

If you would like more information about the program you can check out their website here. I am a Cohort 17 scholar so feel free to ask me any questions!

Hi. Do you have any idea as to how many students apply each year?

did anyone else make it to round 2

I did!

Congrats! So did I

I did as well! Super nervous about round 3, I heard that’s when most cuts are made.

Congrats to everyone, super excited

Hello @tempest000, I just made it past round 2, and will have my interview around next week. I was just wondering how the interview process went for you. Also, do you have any tips or remember any questions they asked during your interview.

Happy for you! Still waiting on mine decision for round 3…

do u mean waiting on round 3 as in waiting to see if you’ll get into round 3 or waiting to see if you’ll be accepted?

Waiting on round 3

huh that’s weird i just had my interview today

Literally :frowning:

I had my interview with Ashlea! She was so nice and super calm. I was really nervous but she even did breathing exercises with me. My tip is just to be as relaxed as possible and make the interview conversational. They really just ask about your experience in high school, how you can contribute to Leda. They focus a lot on your EC’s and just home life. Nothing to be worried about tho!!

2 Likes

That’s amazing! Just had mine with Iris Early! She was very kind and respectful.

Hey everyone, I did my interview with Iris and I was just wondering if anyone knows how many candidates are selected for the interview round and how many of those make it? I’m kinda scared because I did okay but not really the best, was pretty nervous the whole time.

1 Like

100 make it but no idea how many are selected. my guess would be 200-300

1 Like

Do yall know when we might hear back from them? I had my interview and I am definitely over analyzing:((

i think they release results at different times and they would probably start coming out for the first people in 2 weeks?

1 Like

okok tysm