LLC's

My child was accepted to the Innovate LLC for the fall. Does anyone know how to contact other students that were also accepted to start roommate discussions? Is there a group chat or other kind of social media group? Thanks!

Probably look for forums on Facebook. There is usually a forum by class year.

@LRCummings The staff that heads up Innovate may be creating a group chat or something similar. It would be worth it for your student to reach out to them with that question (their info should be on their LLC web page). From experience, there wasn’t a Facebook group for Innovate for class of 2022.

Thank you!

Has anyone heard from Transfer LLC?
Daughter is waiting to hear.

If you applied in Wave 4 then they give a date of May 1 for notification.

Daughter just got accepted into Transfer LLC today. We are very excited. What floor at Pritchard do the transfers get placed? Or does anyone know…thanks!

Congrats VTMOM1 !

I was going to say the floor with less puke! But I believe the correct answer is Transfer Experience LLC was 2nd floor this past year in Pritchard.

@UVAMOM1 You’re going to need to change your username…

Your daughter might be able to get the answer by calling the contact for the LLC. In general, the various LLC leaders seem to be pretty responsive to inquiries. If they’ve determined which floor and will share that info, I suggest googling the GitHub floorplans for VT to see the room locations. Some are definitely larger than others, so she may be able to select accordingly.

I had thought they placed Transfer LLC students in 2 locations this year. Narrowing it down to all in Pritchard for 2020-21 is interesting. Sign of fewer transfers accepted, or sign of fewer freshmen expected to accept their offer?

Thank you! Yes I have a graduate from UVA McIntire Commerce '19 and a VT Pamplin BIT '22 incoming transfer?

Thx so much!!

Thx for the info…my user name was established when my son was going to UVA?

Does anyone know if you signed the LLC contract, if you MUST stay in LLC and choose housing there?

DS is in LLC but having second thoughts. If he gets out of LLC contract, will he go into the housing queue by date of his original housing contract (which was 1st wave)? or would he now be in the last wave due to the change?

@sunnyschool You should be able to opt out of the LLC. In some cases the student would not be able to live in the same res hall (or floor in that res hall) if those spaces are reserved for LLC members only. Re: the 2nd part of your question you should contact housing ASAP. In theory he should revert back to original status in queue, but housing probably would need some official communication re: the opt-out of the LLC so that takes place. I wouldn’t leave that to the LLC to convey to housing.