Lodging

<p>Visiting UA 1/21-1/24. Any recommendations for lodging. We will have a rental car but I won’t be able to drive it. If there are any suggestions that have some nice places within walking distance I could safely walk alone that would be a plus. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Hotel Capstone is basically on campus, very convenient.</p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama Lodging - Hotel in Tuscaloosa.](<a href=“http://www.hotelcapstone.com/]University”>http://www.hotelcapstone.com/)</p>

<p>Rates don’t look too bad for the dates you mentioned depending on budget:
<a href=“https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=21565&Chain=8579&Chain=8579&arrive=01%2F21%2F2011&depart=01%2F24%2F2011&Adult=2&Child=0&promo=&start=1[/url]”>https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=21565&Chain=8579&Chain=8579&arrive=01%2F21%2F2011&depart=01%2F24%2F2011&Adult=2&Child=0&promo=&start=1&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>When I tried to book Capstone it showed no availability of part of my stay. I will need to investigate further. Thanks. Any other good choices?</p>

<p>Try it again…it is showing rooms when I did it. I just called too and she said they have rooms…maybe you put in 2011 for one of the years vs. 2012. It really is the most convenient if you plan to walk from the hotel onto campus.</p>

<h1>: 800-477-2262</h1>

<p>Arrival Date: Saturday, January 21, 2012
Departure Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Night: 3
Adults: 2
USD 115.00
Deluxe Double
Non-smoking Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds</p>

<p>Thank you so much! I bet you are right on the 2011 thing</p>

<p>Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Capstone recently? I looked at the reviews on Expedia and they aren’t very positive. The Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa had better reviews. Has anyone stayed there? I just don’t want to hear my husbands complaints if the hotel isn’t very nice. We will have a rental car, so we would be able to drive between the hotel and the campus. We’ll be staying for 2 nights.</p>

<p>Fairfield Tuscaloosa is nice and available for most non special events. If you need something refundable and not too expensive for special events, the Residence Inn Hoover is very nice. Fairfield Bessemer has been acceptable as well, if you can find it non refundable and affordable on special event times. We’ll stay at Bessemer for pick up in May, but stayed in Hoover for Family Weekend this past year and really liked it. Will be our gameday stay from now on, as long as they stay non refundable. Elderly parents prevent us from shelling out 600 bucks nonrefundable for gameday rooms. Been there, done that, and won’t do again.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>We stayed there in November and it was just fine. I read the reviews on Expedia and disagree about the food being terrible. We did not notice stained carpets, cold hallways, slow drains, or chipped anything in our room.</p>

<p>I’d agree that the rooms are a bit dated, but for us the location vastly outweighed that. That being said, we’ve also stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham and loved its freshness, modernity, and free breakfast/Wi-Fi. It’s a bit of a drive to campus (15 mins or so), but an alternative to the Capstone. Plus, there’s a Cracker Barrel right across the way if you like that sort of thing (which, I confess, I do).</p>

<p>I don’t know what’s up with the Capstone Hotel.</p>

<p>I don’t know if certain rooms haven’t been updated or remodeled, which causes mixed reviews…depending on which rooms you get.</p>

<p>I know that the football team stays there for a few nights before each home game. I don’t know if those rooms tend to be more “damaged” because a bunch of 18-23 year old guys have been staying in them. lol I think they stay on the top floors.</p>

<p>We’ve stayed at the Hampton Inn just off University and McFarland countless times, with all the visits to UA during D’s senior year. It’s nice, clean, inexpensive, free internet, free hot continental breakfast, and very convenient to campus.</p>

<p>Well, at least it was very convenient to Moody Music Building (whe D generally needed to be), as it is only a mile away. The staff are all super-nice, too.</p>

<p>When we were there for UA Honor Band, we accidentally left her piccolo behind. We realized it before we left town, but they had already put it in their safe, and the manager who could access the safe wouldn’t be back until the next day. They offed to mail it to us, but since we were coming back 4 days later for All State Orchestra, we just asked them to keep it in the safe for us. </p>

<p>That will probably always be our first choice for accommodations when we need to stay the night, which won’t be often since we’re only 2.75 hours away.</p>

<p>We LOVE the Country Inn and Suites down McFarland…it’s a little ways from campus but has free internet, wifi, breakfast, cookies. It is only a couple of years old and we have never had a bad experience there. Added bonus they do not book for football games until April 1…</p>

<p>So besides the Capstone, there are not any walkable hotels near campus? We will be in town for a visit 1/26-28 and still need to book lodging. We will have a car so if we have to drive no problem but I would prefer a walkable one if it exists.</p>

<p>I can also recommend Country Inn and Suites. We’ve stayed there every time except once. Clean, newer, right off the highway and a straight shot down McFarland. Good luck.</p>