Lots of 4 room suites in RC S N

<p>Are there rooms showing as available?</p>

<p>WOW–maybe DS should try for one of those rooms. I think the next pick date is tomorrow, right? </p>

<p>I will ask him about it. He seems satisfied with the roomies he’s got, but of course he knows next to nothing about them.</p>

<p>I don’t think you can see any room availability until tomorrow, which is the next selection date. I don’t know if you can just change to an open room if you selected a room at an earlier date.</p>

<p>yes, you can.</p>

<p>Talked to UA Housing and Tuesday at 6 pm is when you can make changes</p>

<p>OK, dumb question: Right now DS has a D room in Riverside East.</p>

<p>Is the D room the outermost room? Or is it the one closest to the living area?</p>

<p>If it’s the outermost room, I think I’ll advise him to keep it. Nothing like a little monastic solitude to foster undisturbed study, LOL.</p>

<p>If it’s the one closest to the living area, then we will definitely try for a room in Ridgecrest South - North.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance for any guidance y’all can provide!</p>

<p>Diane</p>

<p>In Riverside, Lakeside, and Ridgecrest East and West, D is the room farthest from the entry door. In reality, C is more the outermost room as it is a corner room.</p>

<p>So, D is Bedroom 4 per the floor plan? (Sorry for noodginess – just trying to clarify / sanity-check.)</p>

<p>Thanks!!</p>

<p>Ridgecrest South - North Tower seems to have larger kitchens. But, as DS will never do anything more than microwave his grits and rewarm leftover pizza, I doubt that kitchen size will matter to him, LOL!</p>

<p>I know the Riverside dorms are a few years older than the Ridgecrest ones. Have they been maintained well, so that the age difference won’t be too noticeable? (I know young people can be hard on drywall and paint – and I have the patched-up wall in the kids’ bedroom closet to prove it!)</p>

<p>DSs Ridgecrest West dorm was fine. A few issues which he reported and were never fixed. A permanently slanted microwave shelf that was installed flush with the walls which are also apparently not plumb. No big thing, certainly nothing worth relocating over!</p>

<p>Thanks, AL! </p>

<p>So, OK, in the Riverside layout: Is Bedroom D the same thing as Bedroom 4 on the floor plan? (Sorry for noodginess – just trying to clarify / sanity-check.) (Bump. :D)</p>

<p>Also–are the Riversides as well maintained as the Ridgecrests?</p>

<p>Room 4 is the same as D. Stayed in Ridgecrest for BB, and moved DS into Riverside W. Other than the layout/location I didn’t notice anything to prefer one from the other. Especially after seeing what he could’ve been in at other colleges (UUUUGGGHHHHH).</p>

<p>Thanks, socal! I am sure my DS will want to stay in Riverside East. He has already connected with his roomies via FB, and they do seem to have a lot in common…so why rock the boat? (Ridgecrest is a little closer to his classes, but no biggie.)</p>

<p>I definitely worry about this stuff WAAAAY more than he does, LOL!</p>

<p>Looks like those spots got snapped up quickly.</p>

<p>^ Didn’t even check. DS made it clear in no uncertain terms that he was happy with what he had (Riverside East with three very straight-arrow conservative Christian guys, who seem to share his love for classic rock, bluegrass, etc.). He absolutely did NOT want to go through the room-hunt craziness again! :D</p>

<p>They did go fast. As soon as I logged on, there were about 6 empty suites (of which I reserved one). They were all taken about a minute later.</p>

<p>So apparently I’ve missed out on Ridgecrest South, great. Turned in my housing application a few days late and now can’t choose a dorm until May 9th. Can someone tell me if there are any rooms left in Riverside East or West? I assume Ridgecrest South N. Tower is gone.</p>

<p>Stormtooper30, spaces do open up over the summer in all of the dorms as some students decide to attend other schools or move to other rooms. I noticed today that one of my suitemates for next year selected a different suite and another guy took his place. You can change your housing assignment over the summer-long selection period as much as you want; some students change their housing assignments 13+ times.</p>

<p>Stormtrooper30: Please, don’t worry. I am sure that you will get a great housing assignment. There are many great “suite” buildings in various locations and each has its own advantages. </p>

<p>Once you get a housing assignment, you can continue to change your room over the summer. Many kids do this till they are satisfied.</p>

<p>radicalnegative – that’s how it was on Marh 24 (I think that was the date), too. We logged on right on the dot, so we could have nabbed RCS - N 4th-floor rooms – there were a bunch of openings. But we thought they were non-honors, so we ignored them. A nano-moment later, they were gone.</p>