Lowest Accepted UC scores

<p>

</p>

<p>UC GPA? Or Unweighted GPA?</p>

<p>2 kids from my school got into UCB earlier w/ 1700-1850 SAT, around 3.5-3.7 unweighted GPA.</p>

<p>Depends on the program…You’re likely not getting into Haas with a 3.5 but you might get into an unimpacted major with a 3.5 so 3.5s at UCB or UCLA aren’t uncommon. What is rare is seeing someone with a 3.5 getting into an impacted major.</p>

<p>i’m not really sure, sorry :(</p>

<p>Apparently some kid in my school last year got accepted into Davis with a 3.3 weighted GPA and 1720 SATs</p>

<p>not bad, 1710!! I’m about to take my first SAT test this Saturday and I’m so scared waah and my GPA’s about 3.3?? Unweighted. But, I have strong extra curricular activities! Do you guys think I have a chance huhu </p>

<p>what did you write about, Gus?? If you don’t mind me asking! :smile: </p>

<p>If your personal statement is amazing and maybe beyond you’re probably guaranteed acceptance despite scores. ECs will also aid your acceptance </p>

<p>This is what UCLA says about it:
When we review our freshman applicants, we look at a wide variety of factors, some more easily quantifiable than others. There is no specific cutoff value assigned to any of the factors we consider.</p>

<p>I hear anecdotal stuff about low stat applicants being accepted by top schools, In my experience, they a born of jealousy and there’s a big part of the story you aren’t seeing/hearing. </p>

<p>You might not like the results but, it is a fair and objective process. An applicant that is admitted to a UC competed with talented students from around the globe for that spot and deserves it. Those that choose to attend are going to have to work hard to keep their spot and earn a degree. </p>

<p>Race based affirmative action is illegal in California. The UCs don’t consider it at all. Preference is given to first generation college students and applicants from under-represented schools. </p>

<p>The bottom line though is, the lower your stats, the more compelling the rest of your ap needs to be.</p>

@squadus “Wow a 1560… that’s like community college worthy…”

Lol.

Okay bud.

Spare me the arrogance, if your intelligence is derived from a number, give me a break.

If you think getting into college is merely about numbers, I can see why they rejected you.

I think people on this thread are confusing SATs out of 1600 with CR and M (on which I assume the OP’s friend got a 900, and someone got a 1560) and 2400. If you’re thinking about 900/2400… I think that’s not what the post meant to convey.

Got into UCI, UCR, and UCSB with a 1640/2400 SAT and 4.1 GPA

Accepted to UCLA, UCR, UCSC. Rejected from UCI.
GPA: UC(capped/uncapped): 3.23/3.7
SAT: 2040 CR:700 M:690 W:650
AP’s: 10