Maricopa? Any info about this dorm?

<p>My daughter just got her housing assignment tonight… it is for Maricopa, her 5th choice. Anyone have any experiences with this dorm? I know it is quite a different living experience, with the sleeping porches.</p>

<p>ResLife:</a> Maricopa Hall</p>

<p>Hmm, that's an interesting concept. Seems like an orphanage-like idea to me with everyone sleeping in side by side beds. But the outside looks identical to Yuma (or Yavapi, I can't remember) which seemed old on the inside but nice. Historical Monument....wow...and how ironic it is that it has wifi. To me, the only reason to do that sort of sleeping style would be so the rest of the dorm could party all night long...not very reassuring if I were in your position.</p>

<p>Out of curiosity, what were the other 4 you were denied from?</p>

<p>She really wanted Yuma Hall...she stayed there last summer for Summer of Excellence and really liked it. She chose double and single rooms for that. Posada San Pedro was her other choice, double and single. She is going to be in the Honors College and wanted to live with others who care about their studies. She put in for dorm reassignment right away yesterday (for all of the other Honors Dorms). My thinking(hoping) is that they may get an available slot since the honors students may decide to go somewhere else that they got accepted.</p>

<p>Umm Maricopa is all girls...</p>

<p>Gila Hall is identical in layout to Yuma Hall. Gila is even really close in location to Yuma. The only difference is that Yuma is an honors dorm and Gila isn't. However, Gila is largely engineering and science and turns out to have really bright students as well. I want to say that if she files for a transfer to Gila, she'll get it. Can't be sure though.</p>

<p>amateurcollegegu, Maricopa is never loud. Ever. I live in the dorm right next to Maricopa and I've never heard a single noise from inside there. The dorm definitely does not party all night long. The reason for the bedding situation is just that the rooms are small... I think.</p>

<p>I also think that all dorms are quiet because UA has uber strict noise rules. I read them and to me it basically sounds like any noise that is disturbing to others 1 door away is too loud. Finally a university cracks down on the party dorms.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone for taking the time to post replies.....
Still hoping for an honors dorm change but if Maricopa ends up being her dorm, then there must be a reason!!! My philosophy about life in general. Good luck to all of you in college!!</p>

<p>amateurcollegegu, you mention that the school cracks down on noise, but I thought that Coronado and AZ-So we still loud and party dorms?</p>

<p>Daughter got her letter from housing today....reassigned to Yuma, her first choice! She is so excited and can't wait for college to start now!
Thanks for everyone inputs!</p>

<p>Hi KBCSMOM...my s is in Yuma. Fell in love with it after the natl scholar visitation prog in Feb. UofA sounds like a great school. Turned down Oberlin, Kenyon, Univ. of Richmond and others. Strong in sciences and biz. Best of luck...cheers!</p>

<p>Thanks beisbol349! It is really an exciting time in their lives and ours too! My husband was down at the U of A on Saturday morning and really enjoyed just walking around looking at the beautiful campus. Congratulations and good luck to your s.... he got accepted into some pretty terrific schools so he must be incredibly smart! Maybe we'll meet at move in day!</p>