Marketing & Public Relations

<p>How difficult would it be to double major in both Marketing & Public Relations? My plan was to major in Public Relations and minor in Marketing; however, the schools in my state don't offer a Marketing minor. </p>

<p>Any other suggestions?</p>

<p>If they do not offer it then do something else.</p>

<p>It is not difficult to do maketing and PR, but if it’s not offered then it is impossible.</p>

<p>My suggestion is that you find something else to do with PR.</p>

<p>It’s definitely possible, but it depends on the school. Some schools have more major requirements than others, some have a lot of general education requirements that will take up your time and some don’t. Take a look at the requirements for at the school you’re itnerested in and see if it’s feasible. Every school is different. You could also major in Marketing, minor in Public Relations (or just do a general Communications minor but focus on PR classes if possible) or major in Public Relations and do a minor in just business rather than specifically marketing - you should have room in your schedule for electives, and you can take more marketing classes or PR classes as your electives. If you want to prove to companies that you have a lot of Marketing or PR coursework without a major in them, just stick a “Relevant Coursework” section in your resume listing your marketing and/or PR courses.</p>