medical school campus

<p>hey everyone! just wondering, how far away is the med school campus from the undergrad campus? If a premed student (freshman who doesn't have a car) wants to get to the campus for research or shadowing, how would they get there? does the office of undergrad research pair up freshmen with upperclassmen who have cars so they can get rides? or is there a UM bus that takes people to the med school campus like there's a bus for the marine bio kids???</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>The metrorail drops you off right in front of the med school, and is a 5 minute walk from the University Center (or a bus can drop you off at the metrorail station). I’ve never heard of anyone driving there. The metrorail costs $2 each way. The trip is anywhere from 20 minutes to half an hour (which is actually faster than driving, because the trains don’t have to deal with traffic).</p>

<p>My parents don’t want me taking the metro because we haven’t heard many good things about it. Is it safe?</p>

<p>Have you heard bad things about it? (Treating this like an LSAT problem: not hearing good things != hearing bad things :P.) It’s safe, I’ve never had problems on it, plenty of people I know (including one friend, female, 115lbs) take it regularly and have never had trouble with it. It’s very safe.</p>