Metrorail - University Station

<p>Does anyone know if there is a shuttle that goes from the metrorail station at University to the campus?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>There is… but once you get outside the station, it’s literally a 70 second walk to get on campus. The dorms are maybe five minutes away.</p>

<p>I’ve heard the metro in Miami is REALLYYY sketchy. Any opinions on this? How many students utilize the Miami mass transit? Oh, and is there a shuttle that goes to Key Biscayne?</p>

<p>its not commonly used, a little bit sketchy, but there are usually guards at stations at night.</p>

<p>It’s fine to ride during the day but isn’t particularly useful unless you want to get to south beach or something.</p>

<p>All in all…its just average. BUT I have ridden it alone at about 1am and felt safe.</p>

<p>and there’s a shuttle that goes to Key Biscayne first saturday of every month. it’s more helpful to know someone with a car</p>

<p>I think the best use of it (well, based on what I’ve had to use it for) is to get to the med school, because it almost goes directly to their front doorstep. Other than that, I think it takes you near the Miami science museum, you can take it and connect with a bus to Miami Beach, or you can take it and connect to the Tri-rail.</p>

<p>So you can get to Miami beach/south beach from the university with public transportation? Cause i’ve Heard a lot of people say they couldn’t go to south beach freshman year because they didn’t have access to a car.</p>

<p>you can get to south beach but it’s not really easy.</p>

<p>South beach is 30 minutes by car from campus anyways. Freshmen/most people don’t go to south beach because it’s ridiculously expensive, filled with adults (not college kids), its really hard to get in if you arent 21, and it’s pretty “shallow” in my opinion.</p>

<p>as for going to the beach…its definitely possible to do on a saturday or sunday and then spend the day at south beach…although its really crowded. i personally like key biscayne better and its only a 10 min ride maximum</p>

<p>Well I love south beach, personally :stuck_out_tongue: But I don’t ever buy anything there (besides McDonalds or Pizza Rustica) because it is very expensive. Key Biscayne is also fun… I have a friend who gripes that we should go to Key Biscayne every time I drag him to south beach. But I prefer it, if for no other reason than that there are more dining options than a small hut.</p>

<p>As far as getting to south beach is concerned, it’s about an hour from the University via metrorail/metrobus.</p>