Merit for Accepted OOS

Just curious, are there any out-of-state students out there who have received merit aid? I understand it’s rare, just wondering how rare. Thanks!

We are also hoping for merit aid. Still waiting!

Don’t hold your breath. There are VERY few scholarships (like fewer than 10 according to the Scholarship office) available to OOS students.

@Choicesarehard @CatherineF Did you apply for the Chancellors/Powers Knapp scholarship program? A few who applied early for priority consideration have already been accepted. Some of us are still hoping for good news.
The thread is here
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-wisconsin-madison/2039783-chancellor-powers-knapp-scholarship.html#latest

@hafamama I believe Chancellors/Knapp scholarships are only available for underrepresented minorities?

@hoosierdaddy18 You’re right, the Chancellors/Powers-Knapp is for underrepresented minorities and “socioeconomically disadvantaged” students. According to the program, “The term “socioeconomically disadvantaged” refers to educational and social disadvantage, such as coming from a low-income family, a rural or farming community, attending a school with a limited college preparatory curriculum, or other family circumstances that impacted your educational opportunities.” Although the program also defines itself as merit based, I apologize if my post may was misleading.
To the OP, I’ve also been told merit scholarships are hard to come by. There is a Scholarships@UW-Madison page, but the search parameters are according to college/program, and there is no way to search just for “merit.” The scholarship office has indicated that there are fewer than 10 for OOS (according to @caveatesq). I know my DS could see himself there, but as OOS, the cost is comparable to a private university (with far less merit aid). But it’s a fantastic school, and Madison is a great place to live.
Good luck!