Chancellors and Power Knapp Scholarship

I just contacted the scholarship office and they said decisions will be announced on December 15th. Is there anyone currently in the program or who was previously selected? Do you know if FAFSA and EFC plays a role in the decision? If my EFC is way over the cost of attendance, do you still think I will be selected? I was already accepted into UW early, have good grades/ACT, and I feel that I wrote a really good essay for the diversity question. Will it hurt my application if I didn’t write the socioeconimcally disadvantaged one since it doesn’t apply to me? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

@coxswain2001 Decisions for P/K or admissions decisions or both? The P/K is available through regular decision round as well, so wondering if the 15th is the date for ED admissions and P/K for ED applicants?

There seems to be a “priority consideration” deadline of 11/15 which seems to imply an earlier notification date for EA applicants.

I know that Dec.15th is for sure the date for P/K, but it most likely will also be the date for admissions to UW based on previous years.

Did you hear back?

I mean if you get a scholarship doesnt that mean you’re admitted?

No nothing yet. I emailed the scholarship program today but have not gotten a response.

The scholarship program responded to my email and said decisions will be completed by today, Dec. 21st, but applicants will be notified in early January after the holidays.

Did you have to apply to the scholarship program? I didn’t notice any specific essays/portals/application to be considered for these scholarship you mentioned. Or are all accepts automatically considered?
And is this for UW-Madison?

@andrea391 You should have gotten an email as soon as your application was submitted about scholarships and the link to UW’s Scholarship Hub. However, Chancellor and P/K are scholarships for minorities and economically disadvantaged students. If this applies to you, the priority deadline for EA was November 15, but I believe you might still be able to apply under the regular decision deadline.

Any updates on exact date of notifications?

The scholarship committee said that decisions have been finalized but will begin to be released “sometime in early January after the holidays”

@floridagirl17 did you apply to P/K?

Yes! Just waiting now…

@floridagirl17 did you write the socioeconomically disadvantaged essay also or just the diversity one?

Any updates regarding notifications?

No not yet. I am planning on calling the office either tomorrow or Friday for an update

I called both yesterday and today and got no answer. I left a voicemail today

Would anyone else be willing to contact the scholarship office to get some info? I’ve called and emailed them but have gotten no response

I emailed them at the beginning of january but received no response and then called several times last week only to receive voicemail. i will try to call tomorrow as that is when the term begins