Miami University - Ohio Class of 2025 EA & RD

So Jan 15 is the EA outcome release day, 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM?

EA is 5pm tomorrow.

DD (OOS) just got her aceptance, still waiting on Honors College admission.

Also received $21K/yr merit scholarship (4.4 GPA, 34 ACT, 9 APs), which is the minimum for someone with those stats, so she probably won’t go. A little disappointing, but it wasn’t at the top of her list.

D21 admitted. Zoology. 21K merit.

1 Like

Did anyone who applied for full tuition scholarships get any merit scholarships in their acceptance letter?

How can you tell how much scholarship you were awarded? My daughter was admitted, but her letter doesn’t include scholarship info.

Same here for my DD, no mentioning any scholar (GPA 4.57, ACT 35)

It should detail that about mid-letter, naming the scholarship she received and for what amount. Hers is called the RedHawk Excellence Scholarship.

1 Like

Seeing her stats, I am assuming your daughter is a candidate for the President’s scholarship or Prodesse, in which case you would not hear today. I believe those are decided in Feb and beginning of March.

I just found out why. " Thank you for applying to the Honors College. Your application is currently under review. Final decisions regarding the Honors College will be released by March 15, 2021."

1 Like

My son got full tuition offered to him but in December. It was with his acceptance if I recall.

ETA: This was in his acceptance letter “In addition, we are pleased to award you our RedHawk Excellence Scholarship in the annual amount of $36,000 each year of your four-year degree. Scholarships recognize outstanding accomplishments as well as future potential, and we are excited about what you will do at Miami. Miami scholarships renew annually, provided you maintain the necessary academic requirements for renewability. The Office of Student Financial Assistance will send full scholarship details with your complete financial aid package by late March.”

He has not applied for Honors, but the application is still on his portal if he decides to do so. He applied EA.

1 Like

Here’s hoping for a full ride for your daughter!

We’re disappointed as well- 4.54 GPA (Miami adjusted), 5 AP and IB diploma candidate. 34 ACT. Got offered only $13,000! How is that possible?

My DD was selected for Prodesse and is a candidate for the Presidential scholarship, so I guess we will find out her scholarship information later. Thanks for helping us navigate this information.

3 Likes

I’m guessing our DD could have shown more interest. Her main reason for applying was the equestrian team, which has stables on campus.

Oh, there are more, “We have received your Presidential Fellows Program application and it is currently under review. Students selected as finalists for the Presidential Fellows Program will be notified in late January.” By the way, she has 18 AP courses and 8 Honor courses.

Where could I access my decision? I have the portal open but can’t seem to find it
submitted my application mid-November

Son accepted OOS
3.59 MU recalculation
28 ACT
$11,000 award.
Probably was not his school no matter the merit but putting this here for reference.
Good luck everyone!

@Jimfd608 - How did your daughter hear she has already been accepted to the Prodesse Scholars? I thought those decisions weren’t released until Mid-Feb through Mid-March.

1 Like

For those wondering about merit scholarship decisions: I was told that they will be coming out on Tuesday as they were delayed for some reason.