Miami University - Ohio Class of 2025 EA & RD

@shraf221 - Google “Miami OH application status” and click on the link to check your status. It will have you log in. Then you open your EA application and there will be a link that says a change/update has been made to your application. They released some decisions Dec. 15, some Jan. 15, and will release more later (in case you can’t see that link about an update).

The Prodesse Scholars decision was in her acceptance letter and it also confirmed which cohort group she was assigned to. This is what her letter says:

It is our pleasure to inform you that you’ve been selected for the Film Communication & Media cohort of the Prodesse Scholars Program.

1 Like

My Daughter got it and it showed her merit of 21K. Out of State, 3.84 UW GPA not sure what it is weighted. 5 AP classes and some honors classes. Lots of leadership and EC’s. Oh - no test scores sent. We live far away so hopefully can get a chance to visit!

Daughter was admitted
OOS
4.25 GPA (MU recalculation)
1340 SAT
Awarded 21k merit scholarship

1 Like

I haven’t received my decision yet :roll_eyes:
I’m international btw so idk if that changes anything

I did this and it says I’ve applied for regular decision even though on my common app it says EA !

When did you submit? If it was after December 1st, you will automatically have been pushed to regular decision because you missed the EA deadline. You may also have things that you haven’t submited yet, so you may need to check your Miami App. portal.

Did you miss the EA deadline?

I have submitted it on the 14th of November
and my portal has everything checked

You’ll want to call the admissions office next week then so they can either explain what happened or atleast fix the situation.

That was Miami U’s recalculation. Every applicant must manually input their scores for MU to recalculate.

According to AO on admitted parents FB page the Presidential Fellowship Invitations would be send out snail mail on January 22 and email January 25. Long shot for everyone as last year 3300 application and 83 people invited. 2.5% harder that acceptance to the top colleges.

Honors College decision supposed to be sent by March 15.

1 Like

@FeiXing Yep I get it - I meant to say she got “in” not “it!” All schools recalculate the GPA, I realize. We live in a state that doesn’t do weighted GPA so all students have an Unweighted one and universities in other states just recalculate. Happy she got the merit money - Although I wish more that we could get a direct flight there so the school is rather hard to get to! We can fly direct to Columbus - She got into Ohio State but it’s so big!

My DD was accepted today into engineering, and in the Prodesse Scholars Program. What exactly is that?

1 Like

Prodesse Scholars earn an annual $1,000-$2,000 scholarship (renewable for up to four years) and must complete a first-year seminar or course and an approved co-curricular activity or project, to retain the award.

3 Likes

enefits for Presidential Fellows

• A four-year, renewable scholarship covering Tuition & Fees and Room & Board
  • A one-time $5,000 academic enrichment stipend
  • Tailored programming for the Presidential Fellows cohort

Application Process

To be considered, apply to Miami University via the Common Application by 11:59 p.m. on December 1, and then complete the Honors Programs Application. When indicating your interest for the Presidential Fellows Program, you must also indicate your interest for Miami’s Honors College or the Prodesse Scholars Program and complete the supplemental essay.

1 Like

Daughter admitted OOS
3.87 MU calculated
27 ACT
16K Scholarship
College of Education

2 Likes

The other twin got her acceptance yesterday! And in the Prodesse Scholars Program. So I guess the timing was just split between multiple dates!

5 Likes

It sounds like it’s just a waiting game, but that she is a shoe-in for some major scholarship money. That’s the good news!

I am so happy to hear this! You have been an example in our house of the crazy way Miami has handled admissions this year. You and your girls handled it with grace, I would say. Well done!