Miami University - Ohio Class of 2025 EA & RD

Well thank you very much! It was confusing to experience, but our patience paid off!

1 Like

Son OOS accepted Political Science 21K Merit. Very Happy with Merit

1 Like

I’m a current Miami freshman and if anyone has any questions about life/academics/extracurriculars here, feel free to message me! I’m a Presidential Fellow and Miami was the absolute best choice for me (cheesy but I can’t imagine going anywhere else). :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Same for S21 - Redhawk. Came with approval letter.

1 Like

@pacnwfromne - Hello from a fellow PNWer!

1 Like

Interesting - seems like students that heard in the second cohort of admissions also heard about Prodesse whereas the students that were admitted in the early cohort in December are still waiting. Crossing fingers for more positive news in the next couple months!

S21 - OOS , 30 ACT, 4.1W GPA,
Offered the Redhawk scholarship 21k, honors will be reviewed by March.
He’s very happy though his GPA is higher now than it was a month ago, so he will likely update that.

We visited in the Fall and if you are not sure, I recommend going to see campus. It’s fantastic.

1 Like

Yes my twin DD’s are almost identical in stats and EC’s and both engineering, and the one accepted in December didn’t hear anything about Prodesse, and the one who was accepted yesterday did get Prodesse.

Did the Prodesse Scholar acceptance come with its own scholarship?

Yes, Prodesse Scholar program provides $1,000 to $2,000 scholarship per year in addition to merit scholarship, however the acceptance letter did not provide that information. We also did not get information regarding merit scholarship in the acceptance letter because my daughter applied for the Presidential Fellows program. Since that decision is still under review, I suppose we will find out more when the invitations go out to Presidential Fellows finalists.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you had to do a separate application to be considered

My application was complete in November 23rd, so I definitely didn’t miss the deadline

Where can we find the aid information? Nothing was mentioned in my son’s acceptance letter other than his acceptance into Prodesse Scholars Program.

Is there a financial aid section we have to click on or does it come at a later date?

Later.

“First-year students: If you have filed the FAFSA and listed Miami as a recipient in the school section, you should receive an award notification by mid to late March.”

https://www.miamioh.edu/onestop/paying-for-college/apply-financial-aid/award-notification/index.html

Do you mean they sent an offer with increased merit?

We keep receiving emails from Miami, like this one below.

Hello!

Congratulations on xxxx’s admission to Miami University.

As the parent or family member of a newly accepted student, you want to know what comes next, and this email contains valuable information and guidance to help you navigate the next phases of the enrollment process.

• Financial Aid: Miami’s Office of Student Financial Assistance will provide full financial aid information by mid-March for students who file a FAFSA by February 1.
  • Enrollment confirmation deadline: xxxx’s deadline for confirming enrollment is May 1, 2021. To confirm enrollment, xxxx should go to the accepted student next steps web page and follow the instructions.
  • ​myMiami website: Accepted students have access to Miami’s official web portal, myMiami, and will receive myMiami login information via email. Please encourage xxxx to log in and visit myMiami often, as it contains important announcements, deadline reminders, and other useful resources.
  • Shop Miami: Celebrate xxxx’s acceptance with the perfect gift — Miami gear! Visit Miami’s campus store website to find online and in-store retailers in your area that carry Miami merchandise.
  • ​Advice and answers: Your family’s admission representative is available to help you navigate the enrollment process and answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact your admission representative at any time.

Congratulations again on xxxx’s acceptance to Miami. We look forward to welcoming you to the Miami family.

Love and Honor,

Bethany Perkins
Director
Office of Admission

Will shopping at the mentioned website above show our illustrated interest in Miami?

1 Like

not to us, but I heard they sent letters last March/April increasing aid.

Probably not, but there are plenty of opportunities to show interest through virtual visits, see this page:

1 Like

Yes similar here too, 4.2 GPA, 34 ACT, 9APs with average-excellent leadership and EC’s but it doesn’t sound like they made much use of the “range” on the chart. Not sure if that comes later or they just had so many more applicants because of being test optional that the pot of money needed to be spread thinner. Hopeful they will increase it later once it gets closer to registration to make more use of that range!