Miami University - Ohio Class of 2025 EA & RD

My son applied to the games and simulation major. He has been accepted to Miami but still pending on his major. Does anyone know when those decisions come out?

1 Like

Are in in state? Isn’t $13,000 the top merit award?

$13,000 to Full Tuition, so $13000 is the lower end of the range for in-state.

I was told that the $13,000 was the top merit and then the “up to full tuition” was if you applied and earned other scholarships/ financial aid.

What if you are not into greek life? Be honest–will you be ostracized or no?

Only about 25% of the total student body participates in Greek life, so it’s prominent but not at all what you have to do to have a social life.
Edit: Sorry just realized this was sent to a specific person, but here’s a link to this info on their website anyway:

Not ostracized - it just “feels” bigger than it is because it’s so visible particularly 1st year IF you let it. Part of it also is that Oxford is in the middle of nowhere so some mistakenly feel as if they will have no social outlet unless they pledge. Just like at any school, it is critical to try new things and/οr become involved with groups who have similar goals/values to find your circle of friends.

1 Like

Absolutely not. I’m only a freshman, but honestly Greek Life sort of operates in its own bubble. If you aren’t in it, there are literally thousands of people in the same boat as you - and that’s totally okay! I’ve met a lot of upperclass students so far and none of them are in a sorority or fraternity (and they’re super involved and don’t feel like they’re “missing out” on anything!)

I’d sum it up as: if you want Greek Life, it exists - if you don’t, it doesn’t.

4 Likes

Not received any notice/text/email, something changed in my D’s portal today. When clicked the admission letter, it became longer than it was several days ago with the following paragraph added.
"In addition, we are pleased to award you the following scholarship awards each year of your four-year degree:
Prodesse Scholars Program Scholarship in the annual amount of $2,000

2 Likes

RedHawk Excellence Scholarship in the annual amount of $19,000 "

2 Likes

Are you in state or out of state?

My D is OOS

Congratulations!

The original decision came out on 1/15, but had no scholarship listed. When we’d checked today my son’s scholarships were listed in the letter
dated 1/15. Very happy!

1 Like

Same as what happened to my D’s portal today.

Thanks for giving us that perpective

Has anyone heard about Honors College yet?

1 Like

My twin daughters haven’t yet, although Miami’s timeline says March 15 for Honors college notifications.

My daughter’s admissions rep last week said Honors decision “start soon”. I think if you made the priority date of Dec 8 (I think?), you may hear earlier than March 15.

1 Like

Ok great, that would be awesome!