Miami University - Ohio Class of 2025 EA & RD

Same, email tonight saying our daughter did not make the PF finalist list. No word on merit scholarship or honors program.

Did receive an email earlier in the evening saying congrats on Prodesse Scholars program, which we already knew.

1 Like

Merit should have been listed on acceptan w unless you went test optional.

@Jimfd608 , my student is a PF and she received her notification as a finalist via mail last year.

@3xPink This year they sent out the hard copy in the mail last Friday and the email notification to finalists on Monday. Everyone that wasn’t chosen as a finalist was emailed today.

Exactly same here.

@Mom2SandG
May I ask where you saw your merit listed? I didn’t see anything about Merit in the email or physical acceptance letter that she received. She’s in state, 34 ACT (35 superscore), 3.8UW / 4.2W, strong but not exceptional EC’s.

I’ll take a look with her in the portal tonight.

My merit was listed within the acceptance letter itself, in the second or third paragraph.

Not a PF finalist. Am a Prodesse Scholar. No word on merit. Anyone else?

Oops, never mind! Acceptance letter updated with merit

The original acceptance letter did not mention $ amount, but it was updated later with amount of scholarship money. Just click the letter again in the portal.

Yes, they updated/revised letter but did not notice us in any form.

1 Like

Thanks! I got the minimum amount for OOS and my stats, $21k.

It’s several paragrap[quote=“shglasser, post:432, topic:2108315, full:true”]
@Mom2SandG
May I ask where you saw your merit listed? I didn’t see anything about Merit in the email or physical acceptance letter that she received. She’s in state, 34 ACT (35 superscore), 3.8UW / 4.2W, strong but not exceptional EC’s.

I’ll take a look with her in the portal tonight.
[/quote]

It’s several paragraphs in on the acceptance letter.

"
In addition, we are pleased to award you our RedHawk Excellence Scholarship in the annual amount of …"

Same for my daughter. I think that seems to be the norm, from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Prodesse Scholar - a lot got this. My daughter got $21K but not Prodesse. We took a tour today and I asked and they very few are out. Hoping she gets.

Merit was listed in the acceptance letter online.

Thanks. We were able to find it in the on line letter as well. In state, $13k plus $2k for Prodesse.

I’d be interested to know if anyone in state received a higher amount than $13k (aside from the Presidential Fellows candidates). The site lists $13k to full tuition as the highest tier.

1 Like

Not sure about in state, but for OOS my son’s was 36k/year. He did not apply for honors but there is a link still on his page if he decides he wants to, and for him the Honors College is the one that would most likely fit his interests. That’s awesome that Prodesse gives additional $. Congrats!

I’ve also wondered if it is possible to get more than full tuition as I heard last year they were giving more merit towards the late Spring to get kids to commit, but what happened to kids that were already offered full tuition?

I think max money (no matter what source) is up to the Cost of Attendance for most colleges.

That’s helpful, thanks and congrats on the full tuition.

Great question as to whether max merit Miami offers outside of Presidential is limited to full tuition or if they at times go above to offset other costs of attendance.