Miami University - Ohio Class of 2025 EA & RD

AOs must be monitoring this topic and noticed the complains. We received an email just now.

Weren’t RD decisions supposed to come out today??

Anyone got any info about that?

My D got her’s late last night.

In our experience last year, the communication was great. I know everything is harder right now, due to many employees still working from home. As for the updated letter happening before the email or letter arrives, I think they may not think that people are continually checking that.

1 Like

So are RD decisions being released today?

My D got an email at 12:08 this morning, though her acceptance was on her portal about an hour before that.

Wow. Congratulations! I wonder why I haven’t heard anything yet though? Shouldn’t everything be released at the same time?

1 Like

Both my daughter and I received an email that a decision would be posted today at 12am in her portal. Last night she looked in her portal around 9:45pm and did find an acceptance message. It is my understanding that decisions are due today to all regular decision applicants. Good Luck!

The email was sent yesterday around noon and then the decision appeared in her portal around 9:45pm last night.

My son and I got emails at 4 pm eastern with his Prodesse decision. He was not accepted, but that wasn’t a surprise as they already said it is incredibly rare to be accepted to Prodesse and Honors College and he was admitted to Honors College awhile ago.

1 Like

Why is rare for being accepted to both? Miami will have to pay more to someone accepted into both?

Many on the chatboard - more than a month ago - said they got into both. I assume they were being truthful.

Daughter in Honors. Great school - but at least the day we were there she wasn’t feeling it. We’ll see.

She likes the idea of Honors
in at South Carolina which is supposedly tops
but not in at FSU, for example.

Just want happiness
we’ll see what happens
winding down though!!!

Maybe because Honors is a residential program starting this year and Prodesse also has a residential component, so the student would be required to live in Honors and would miss out on the residential aspect of Prodesse? That is just a guess. I really don’t know, but our admissions rep told us via email in February it is “unlikely” that a student would be admitted to both. Yes, it happens, but of the few hundred honors kids, only a small percent are also Prodesse.

Also, there is no extra merit money associated with the Honors College, so it has nothing to do with more money.

Yes, it is possible for someone to be in both, just unlikely, according to the admissions reps. Unlikely could still mean 25 or so students out of the few hundred in the program. I’m not sure how many students you saw saying they were admitted to both, but I would also think they were being truthful as the admissions people indicated it was absolutely possible . . . Just not likely.

Daughter accepted to nursing but received significantly less merit aid than we were expecting based off of what the website gives as the merit aid ranges. I thought I read up thread somewhere that Miami sometimes adds to the merit money later? Or maybe I read that in another school’s thread? Everything is starting to blur together at this point
haha

People have said so. But no one has stated it yet for this year as happening. Crossing fingers.

But why would someone want or need to be in both? There is a heirarchy shown in how many are selected for each and the value of the benefits given to them: Prodesse Scholars, Honors College, Presidential Fellows. What would you get in Prodesse that you wouldn’t get in Honors College, I’m confused?

Yes Prodesse comes with a straight $2K off tuition, but the value of the Honors College benefits is much more than that, and the departmental scholarships given out are likely going to the same candidates you would find in the Honors College so I doubt there is anyone in Honors College paying more than a Prodesse Scholar in the same admission “bucket.” And don’t underestimate the value of being able to register for classes first which could be the difference (for classes in sequence) in having to take a 5th year (a large contributor to the 4yr graduation rate - which at Miami is 67%), and 75% off of a study abroad is included (well over a $2K value). And for those majors for whom undergraduate research is an essential component of your future post graduation, those opportunities are going to HC students first.

Those are actually the reasons my D21 has thus far not decided on Miami because she did not get into HC and not having those benefits reduces the value of a Miami education for her.

5th year grads tend to be those with full time academic year internships/co-ops, so that’s a year of not being on campus. We really liked the study abroad program options, especially that the engineering ones tended to fit in needed classes well to stay on track for class sequencing.

Honors likely would have sealed the deal for us, so I’m bummed. I am concerned about registering for classes; I have heard people say it can be an issue. But I don’t know anyone in real life who has attended Miami, so not sure!

2 Likes