Miami University - Ohio Class of 2025 EA & RD

They apparently waive the transcript if you complete the SRAR

1 Like

If we knew that my son would have not filled out the SRAR. That had to be one of the biggest pains in the necks and the email said it was required. :frowning:

My daughter and other son never had to fill that thing out, but I assume thatā€™s because tests were not optional for merit money.

So far all the schools my son has applied to that have released their number of applicants all have increased number of ED/EA applicants. Itā€™s crazy.

1 Like

Does anyone have any knowledge about how they usually distribute merit scholarships from the 3.95+ GPA category ($21K - full tuition for OOS)? Thanks!

1 Like

Not sure how they will decide merit level within the range, especially this year with their new method of calculating GPAs (is that 3.95+ the SRAR recalculated GPA?) and no required test scores.

Good luck.

1 Like

We attended a virtual session and they mentioned that scholarship amounts within the range are also based on the applicant pool. Iā€™m sure they have a scholarship budget to work with, and if they have to divvy it up between a lot of highly qualified students, many could receive scholarships on the low end of the range. I also wrote down ā€œrigor of coursesā€ and ā€œtest scoresā€ under scholarships, but not sure if that was a part of the scholarships discussion or just decisions on who gets admitted.

2 Likes

I heard that also last year in the spring they started to raise the merit scholarship amounts also.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing what you learned! I wasnā€™t very strategic - we attended some specialty webinars instead of the general one. I didnā€™t learn some of the latest info like you did nor did I get my application fee waived. We had visited the school last fall so wanted to dig into details. Oh well - appreciate you sharing!!

That is good to know! I think it will be down to the wire for my D to decide so we may be the beneficiary of some extra money due to her struggling to pick a school. Miami is definitely one of my top - and especially with great merit!

Just heard from OSU tonight, though currently Miami is still top choice (only applied EA not ED). Good luck!

1 Like

We received an email last night from Miami saying an admission decision will be posted on applicant status page on Tuesday, December 15, at 12 a.m. EST. Does anyone know when we will hear about merit?

2 Likes

@dance609. Did you apply ED pr EA? Last year merit scholarship information was mailed out about two weeks after EA students were notified of acceptance. However, I have several friends who had their merit offers increase twice before May 1st.

2 Likes

She applied ED. Is the merit sent in regular mail?

Merit was sent by regular mail last year.

1 Like

Good luck to all the ED applicants!

I wonder if any EA will come out on Tuesday too. I noticed that on their website they say that ED comes out on 12/15 and that EA comes out by 1/15 so thereā€™s nothing holding them back from admitting EA as soon as they admit the ED ones.

I would love for my son to have an admission somewhere before the end of the year if he doesnā€™t get into his ED choice this week. Itā€™s so stressful.

3 Likes

Daughter just got accepted under ED! And they included the merit scholarship information! She was awarded $13K/yr for merit (4.33 GPA) and $3k/yr under the Bridges program! Pretty happy!

10 Likes

@anxiety19 Congratulations to your daughter!

1 Like

Was that her Miami recalculated GPA? Also did she submit test scores?

Daughter also accepted under ED with 13k/year for merit! Her recalculated GPA was a 4.25 and she did not submit test scores. Her letter said we would hear by March 15th for Honors program and Prodesse Scholars Program.

My friend called admissions and they said it is unlikely to release early action before Christmas :frowning: The person made it seem like it will happen on Jan 15 or very close to that date.

1 Like