Miami University Presidential Fellows Program Class of 2026

I don’t believe so

My son has submitted his essays for this year and we thought we would hear yesterday via text/email (same way we were notified that he needed to submit the 2 essays). Has anyone else heard or know if/when candidates will receive an email for rejection or invitation to the showcase?

Hi! They said letters would be mailed on the 15th meaning you will likely get them on Tuesday the 20th after the holiday weekend. I think rejections come later, if I’ve read previous years threads correctly.

We just heard, my daughter did not get selected. Big bummer.

We appreciate your interest in the Presidential Fellows Program. While you will be interviewing for some of Miami’s most prestigious scholarships at this event, you have not been selected as a Presidential Fellows finalist.

So anyone know what that means for other scholarships?

Hi there. We got the same email. Honestly I didn’t read it well because I initially thought she was a finalist, lol. I don’t really understand how this all works. Maybe everyone who was a semi finalist gets invited to this weekend for additional scholarships? And only those who are finalists are considered for the PFP, it’s a bit confusing. Honestly, the only reason my daughter applied to Miami is because when we visited, it seemed like she would be in a higher scholarship range. But, the scholarship they offered wasn’t that great, students with lower stats got higher merit $. Maybe they track genuine interest by weekends such as these, who knows.