Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

@SevenDad we received the same. I had been expecting it because Lawrenceville sent out an email warning us that this was happening. Some people got it closer to the reply date and thought that meant they had gotten in!

One more thing…I just received a photo of todays outfit of the day. Flamingo suit (all pieces) with a pastel blue plaid shirt. I could not see shoes or socks. Apparently, he inherited my fashion sense. :))

Yes I got the email from lawrenceville warning about the scam. Some kid who got rejected is pretty smart. Maybe they should have let him in =D>

@gusmom2000 guskid is my kind of guy! He and DS would get along famously!! Wish we could see the pics!

Two random thoughts and observations:

1. Bette Davis went to boarding school. Cushing Academy.
  2. The Blair Academy coat of arms looks a lot like Brown University’s

Has anyone watched “Baskets”, the Zach Galafinakis absurdist comedy show? I’ve watched two episodes and laughed heartily.

Love Zach G. Will have to put that on my list, @SevenDad.

Once I saw that suit I had to comment. My outfit to my middle school winter dance was extremely similar… everybody loved it. I now have an island -themed suit, and suit with a snowflake/Christmas pattern on it. Probably some of the best purchases I’ve ever made. Definitely bringing to bs. Probably the two ugliest sets of clothing that I’ve ever seen, but SO fun to wear (especially with your brightest pair of socks and shoes and perhaps a good hat). I also often wear some slide-on sandals and socks whenever I need to brighten up my look. It’s now become a trend at my school… god help us.

@SculptorDad on another thread said “Nobody is asking how do parents deal with having their kids back for the summer?”

We just too the “red van with a blue door” to the mechanic this morning to have all the little niggling things fixed so guskid will have a “high quality” vehicle to haul himself around in this summer!
And I had me Xanax refilled. So we’re good to go!

@gusmom2000: and I have cleaned and pressed my “patience cap”. Hope it helps me!

Has anyone here been following FX’s The Americans? Last week, the little math genius Henry broke the news to his parents that he wanted to apply to Edwards, a prestigious boarding school in NH. Not so subtle a reference of a certain school. :slight_smile: And the shocked expression on his parents faces? Priceless!

And there’s this cute exchange between Henry and his parents with the Q&A regarding “what’s wrong with the schools here?”, “Private schools are expensive”… I wouldn’t be surprised that the writer got their inspirations from this board!

Maybe they post here. Which one of you is the tv writer? :slight_smile:

Hmmm… I can think of a couple of posters here who really should be TV writers (if they aren’t already!). :wink:

Happy Mother’s Day to all you amazing Moms out there on CC ! Thanks for all the support, wisdom, and encouragement you share with all of us :)!! Hope you enjoy a great day full of love & appreciation :slight_smile:

So, BS peeps, how’s you Mother’s Day going without (as many) kids to mother? ~O)

I must admit I find Mother’s Day fairly depressing without children around.

You’re not alone, @twinsmama!

DH indulged me and we visited PA this weekend so I could be with both my kiddos today :x

Oh you’re so lucky! I’m starting to think more and more often about @vegas1… It’s wouldn’t be such a bad idea to pack up all your stuff and move closer, would it!