Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

Our 19th hole is open every afternoon — but earlier on March 10th >:)

While you all are enjoying your cocktails, please ponder this very important question. Do you suppose I could take a dozen long stemmed Resse Cups as a carry-on on an airplane?

Well, @gusmom, if the TSA says you can’t, you can always gobble them before boarding. Win-win either way, I say.

You can’t take much on an airplane these days. I say wait til you get to your destination and buy them there! :slight_smile:

What? I can’t take them on the plane? OK, but Imma need 10 minutes and a seatbelt extender.

Eh. They’re inexpensive, so I’ll give it a shot. If I get turned down, TSA will have a snack and I’ll have to make the bouquet myself at our destination. Last time I called to have some delivered, I had a difficult time getting my point across. Here, taping candy bars on sticks and making an arrangement out of them is common, up there, not so much, I guess.

@gusmom2000 I think you will be fine. They are clearly food/chocolate and that is allowed. Although now I think about it, they are like little bundles of plastique (assuming all the TV shows are accurate on that type of thing LOL).

As long as they are not melted, you should be fine. If melted, you should gobble/drink them up. :wink:

The restriction is on liquid and gels, toothpaste, etc, and sharp/pointy metal.

TSA Pre (with Global Entry or Clear, etc) is really worth it.

I was recently at a rental car counter, and a customer had difficulty as the rental car company did not have a seatbelt extender. Maybe you should take the extender along? :))

Add a few extra to the bouquet just in case the force you to eat one.

Has anyone heard from @cameo43 lately?

Where do you buy the sticks for such a bouquet? Sounds like a nice idea for both Halloween and Valentine’s Day.

@doschicos and @SevenDad Re: Baby Driver. It’s much better than the Fast & Furious franchise and its excessive CGI

<p>Successful weekend trip…flew into Philly Saturday, surprised Boy at his performance of The Tempest, presented Reese’s Bouquet, flew home yesterday. So worth it! (Sticks are just small dowels or bamboo skewers. No trouble through TSA, except them wanting to “sample” one “just to be sure”.) HA! :)) </p>

I guess I am really excited about Chimneykid coming home; I booked her flight …twice!

@chemmchimney I booked AppleKid’s dental cleaning twice :))

I’m sure I’m the last person on earth to know about this … but I just downloaded the Shazam app and love it.

My sisters and I went to a very cool restaurant for a lunch/ B-Day celebration this week and the music was absolutely amazing. The best playlist ever. Then this song came on and we were all DYING ( come on- you’ve been there :wink: ) because we couldn’t remember who it was… Everyone at the table was completely stumped. I had to tell one sister to stop hitting the table and then she started hitting me- and she was the DD. It was so bad that our waitress came over to ask if everything was okay. I guess we were making a scene after our third round of Blood Orange Margaritas… who knew. That rarely happens.

Anyway, we told her why we were so " animated " ( cough ) and she pulled out her phone and immediately put us out of our misery. It turned out to be Erasure/ A Little Respect ( a song you don’t hear everyday…but can definitely transport people of a certain age… cough again… back in time ) … and it nearly killed us.

What a beautiful thing! It was magical. Where have I been? Am I missing any other cool apps? Tell me now!

Also… with binge watching season upon us, I would love any series/movie suggestions!!

BTW- We loved Baby Driver! Thx !!

@PhotographerMom Welcome to 2008. :slight_smile:

@PhotographerMom funny how 2008 gets you back to 1989. And I am probably the LEAST computer savvy person (I still can’t figure out the copy/paste stuff on CC) but I have Shazam! Of course, @skieurope I think I got it 2 years ago. :)) I bet our kids would be mortified reading this & knowing their parents’ cool factor (or lack there of) was plastered on social media for everyone to see! :))

LOL. I gathered that when I told my kids. :wink:

Oh, IDK, skibro tends to be amused when our parents claim to be au courant.

I know mine are always amused!