Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

Can we have both?

@doschicos Thanks for the reminder!

@Golfgr8 Haha about AOL. I keep mine mostly since i have had it for almost 25 years (!!!), but i use it now for things that force you to register… keeps the riff raff out of my inbox.

I’ve still got an AOL address…one with only six characters (and no numbers). So you know I’m old.

I have AOL too.(smile)

AOL is vintage now so its hipster. At least, that’s what I tell myself. :smiley:

Ooh vintage email addresses! I like it.

It’s funny because when everyone was getting AOL, I chose yahoo the minute it came out. I’ve had the yahoo email for 20+ years…

HOPPY EASTER EVERYONE! My DS made it a point to mention that DD’s secular public school got Good Friday off, while his private Episcopal school made them have classes. He did not appreciate the irony. Lol. I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to spend just a little extra time with family and loved ones!

Happy Holidays everyone…

I used to have a three-letter email address but had to give it up some years ago. I’m way older than @SevenDad!

Is there a freakout thread for parents that have already started worrying about college? This year’s results seem so random…

Go ahead and start one. We can all commiserate with you and suggest ways to calm down.

We are so nervous @ Revisit Days that we broke into the Easter basket early- just had 2 dozen malted milk eggs- anyone else cracking yet? 8-|

@Golfgr8 enjoy revisit days!! Y’all are in the driver’s seat…it’s them that should be nervous!

@HMom16 I’m out if the college admissions loop but am curious…care to share about this year’s results???

@HMom16: There are threads dedicated to various BS classes (through 2022 at the moment, I think) and those generally turn into college-centric threads.

@Golfgr8 : Which revisits?

This comment is made every single year, especially in the year YOUR kid is going through it. :wink:

There really is no reason for concern. All of the kids here will be well educated by their respective boarding schools and will land seats at fine colleges. They all do. Every time.

@buuzn03 Friend of my kid, recruited athlete (not football) applied ED to an ivy with coach support (not HYP). He was deferred and then waitlisted. GLADCHEMMS prep school with good grades, good rec’s, nice kid, white male, no discipline history, full pay, significant legacy including a building donated by his family.

If you look at the college threads, there are lots of kids with good stats and good resumes being waitlisted, some whose only acceptance is their flagship state school. I feel like my kid could very well end up with the same results. :frowning:

PS - I won’t have a kid in the game until 2021

Well, I’m going to save my freaking out…because I’ll be doing both the college and BS dance at the same time…so if you think I’ve needed cocktails the past go rounds…y’all better buy some Jack Daniels stock!!! I’ll be needing it by the truckloads…until then, hmmm…these Reese’s eggs are even better than the Halloween Reese’s pumpkins!!!