Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

Spent this weekend in NC and even after two years, I can’t get over how beautiful and green it is! This brown and flat state I live in is not for me! Growing up in CO and visiting places like NC remind me that I need to move!

Speaking of music…I just got an early “all-occasions for the year” present from the family. P!NK tickets!! I’m going to be surrounded by young’uns but I don’t care!

FUN @buuzn03 ! A concert sounds like just the thing right about now. Basically holding my breath until move-out day.

DS just texted and he nabbed the last single in the dorm lottery. Good thing, too because his backup roommate had a number above his and wanted a single, too.

@buuzn03 maybe you’ll have the good fortune of hearing P!NK sing this Bohemian Rhapsody cover. It’s amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLfW_XMwBGk !

Combining Queen and P!nk!! Awesome!!

Um, just no. There’s no replacing Freddie. All other attempts are just sad in my book.

@ChoatieMom I don’t like it when someone tries to sing like him…there is no replacing or copying Freddie. Nor Steve Perry for that matter//which is why I didn’t get tickets to the Journey/Def Leppard tour. You can’t call yourself Journey without Steve Perry. And the recent Queen tour with Adam Lambert was boycotted, too. That goes without saying

I don’t usually like someone covering classics but I believe she did great justice with this song.

@MAandMEmom I agree. She also did s great Billy Joel song live once, too!

So quiet around here… (:expressionless:

@AppleNotFar I KNOW!!! Where’s my boys at??? :-?

We’re wrapped up in end-of-the-year stuff - 8th grade graduation planning, track meets, summer logistics planning, and religious commitments (in our religion, this is the big “coming of age” year). My guess is that things will pick up again in a few weeks, when everyone can refocus on stressing out about the fall.

Taking the advice of a friend, I’ve been poking around the BS social media accounts. It amazes me what students will post publicly… On the other hand, there are some truly talented kids out there, and I think my son is already feeling humbled by the impressive achievements of the current students/future classmates.

Ahem… here’s some news, @AppleNotFar. You know how half of GK’s BS application stuff was all about food? Well guess who was appointed to the FOOD Committee! You guessed it, Grub Girl!!! :smiley: (Sadly, no food emojis on CC.)

3:-O ~:>

^That’s all food in some form. :smiley:

The pig isn’t working, and that’s probably my favorite!

I tried the pig and took it out since it was broken. I left out the dog and the monkey :wink:

^ I thought of the pig too, but was afraid some Pigs Rights group may find it offensive. Pig stereotyping!

Who eats monkeys!!??

One time in India my friend was attacked by a gang of monkeys as she was walking home from the market carrying a bunch of bananas. Knocked her down and beat her black and blue until she let go of the bananas. :(|)