Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

@choatiemom did you see, I Hearted you? It was meant to be a Helpful Heart, with a bit of a LikePost Heart thrown in too.

2 Likes

Thanks, @UltimaCroix. :slight_smile: :grinning:

@ buuzn03 if you’ve used another site using Gravatar, it’ll automatically suck in the photo from that. But, in your profile preferences you can choose another or a simple letter.

I haven’t been here for a while, so the new interface is a surprise. But I don’t hate it the way I hated the last change. I wish my twin polar bear photo hadn’t disappeared, though. :frowning:

I second that.

Happy to answer PMs for any general BS questions or questions about Choate.

Also happy to PM with BS parents getting ready for college applications for '22.

Oh…but all the messages gone! That is bad. I deleted them from my email because they were here.

@DroidsLookingFor I’ve tried preferences but it doesn’t work from my iPad. It just gives me the option to save the big Blue B.

The good news is I’m no longer listed as a senior member - maybe I’ll stop getting notices from AARP :joy::joy::joy:

I am so lost. Is the new interface better on a computer? I can’t find our forums. It’s so odd.

I finally checked on a computer (it helps to be at work lol)… the interface is MUCH better on a computer. It definitely does not have mobile devices in mind, which is weird because the entire world mainly uses mobile devices for just about everything.

Omg this interface is a nightmare and I’m not a luddite either. After multiple attempts to

@chemmchimney your comment says it ALL.

2 Likes

I have a very useful solution to lack of sheet changing. I make my son put like 4 fitted bottom sheets on at once and then he can just peel off the top one every few weeks. It’s as hygienic as totally fresh sheets but it’s better than sleeping on the same sheet for months.

1 Like

The new platform seems to have all but completely wiped out participation in the prep school section. It seemed to thin out over the past couple years, but this may be the last nail in the coffin. This is usually the busiest time of year, with the exception of right around M10.

Too bad. :disappointed:

@altras I agree. I can’t believe how quiet the forum has been.

So true, especially the Parents section… It feels like there’s one post a day if any at all.

Hi Everyone - I guess I will be the first post of the day. Did anyone’s kiddo get their PSAT scores back today?

Yes…we got them this morning.

Yes – he got them.

Are people happy? Do we know anything about how many kids took it this year and whether the National Merit levels are similar to past years? I don’t really know if the scores mean much one way or another.

Only speculation by a few as to whether they will go change or not. Google and see the Compassprep page on the topic. Last year, cutoffs were down and they were expected to rebound. But then COVID happened.

For class of 2021, cutoff for the US BS group was 222.