MIT Admissions Fall 2022

My son did not get an interview for EA. He’s a recruited athlete. He reached out to MIT expressing his interest in being interviewed but they said they simply didn’t have enough ECs to interview the large number of EA applicants and that if no ECs reached out to him by this past weekend it wouldn’t negatively affect his application. We are in TX.

i know. i have exchanged emails and zoomed with the coaches and visited campus in the fall to meet with a head coach in person. they said because of the nature of MIT, admissions will not admit anyone who couldn’t do the work/hypothetically get in themselves (they told me that 770 on SAT math was the absolute minimum for support as an athlete). however, between two similar applicants, admissions will usually chose the one whose application is “flagged” for athletic support.

1 Like

My teen did not get an interview either. I was curious if he was almost the only one.

my EA has been deferred

My DS was deferred

D22 - Deferred.

S22. Deferred.

I was accepted :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Daughter was accepted.

13 Likes

Did anyone else have problems submitting last night? Looks like the submission deadline has been extended to Saturday, the 8th.

Anyone who tried to submit after 1158 pm EST was locked out; they reopened this morning and will keep open until the 8th. But really, if you have not submitted, do it today.

1 Like

Anybody from GA region got MIT RD interview?

Hi, any one got RD interview yet? It has been 2 weeks since the submission already.

Yes, I had mine 2 weeks ago

Looks like the “February Update Form (FUN)” is now live in the application portal (MIT deferred applicants).

4 Likes

My daughter applied to MIT early action, but was deferred to regular admission. In late November, she took an AMATYC Math League test at the local community college where she’s dual enrolled, and ended up getting the highest score at her CC. Would this be worthwhile to mention on MIT’s February Updates and Notes form, or would it be seen as desperate to talk about a community college competition on a MIT application?

Link to the competition in question: Student Mathematics League - American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges

Why not?

As far as update goes I read somewhere that you can talk about your honors, awards (small or big), work and EC updates as well as any new initiatives or self-directed projects you might have done.

Mine did AMC 12A/B this year, she’s going to fill in the info with both of her scores.

Good luck to yours!!!

2 Likes

You should mention it in the Feb Updates. No hurt. Likely a plus since MIT pays attention to applicant’s math capability.

2 Likes

Can we expect interviews after february 9 when the FUN form needs to be submitted?

February 7 is the deadline for the ECs to submit their interview reports. So, the answer is no to your question.