More info. on the Lakeshore dorms please!

<p>Hi, everybody. Although I haven't made a decision yet, Madison is urging admitted students to fill out the housing information in order to ensure a spot in their desired dorms. So, I am currently in the process of ranking my top residence halls for Wisconsin. The thing that worries me about UW-Madison is that it is known as a party school and I'm not much of a partier. I like to be social and I definitely don't want to be locked away in my dorm all year. In high school I was one of the more quieter people but I want to open up more in college. Also, I want to major in Biology if that makes a difference. So far I have cut my choices down to Cole, Dejope, Leopold, Phillips, Slichter, and Sullivan. I would love to know more information on these halls and which one you think best fits me. Thanks for your input!</p>

<p>Do not worry about the “party school” reputation. You need to go to the UW Res Halls website and search each dorm for details. Look at the lofting guide for room photos. Look at room dimensions. Use Google maps for a birdseye view. Each has pros and cons. All of the older dorms have been upgraded in recent years- wish they had been in my time eons ago. Consider relative location to food service as they are currently redoing some. Distances from convenience stores/snack/dinner places may be something to consider, or the every day walk to classes. Consider costs as well- some have amenities such as air conditioning.</p>

<p>No one can tell you which little things most appeal to you. Cole and Sullivan have the same room layout but slightly different views. Slichter may still have some built ins- check those lofting guides. All are in nice locations for access to the lake shore. Don’t worry too much, make a list and know whichever dorm you choose another one would be better/worse in some aspect.</p>