Move in today!

Today is our move-in to Ridgecrest at 8am!

Looking forward to seeing the 18 second unload time!

Roll tide!

Yay, best wishes!

It is an amazing site. Roll Tide!

All the best! RTR!

Good luck!

lol…I doubt that my SUV could ever have been unloaded in 18 seconds unless it was upended and everything fell out.

Update: the move-in process was amazing!
Roll tide!

@mom2collegekids haha we probably skewed the average upward - it took at least 5 minutes to unload us - but we had a bunch of stuff.

The really incredible thing, though, was that there never seemed to be a problem with crowds or waits.

My hat is off to @UAHousing !!!

My son move in Ridgecrest South on Friday afternoon. I could not believe what a “Non event” it was. I was quite skeptical about all the claims of how easy move in is. Boy was I wrong.

We arrived a few minutes early, but they waved us right through. No crowds, no traffic. It only took maybe 10 minutes from the time I pulled on campus, unloaded the car and parked the car in the parents lot. By the time I took the shuttle and got back to his room everything was already dropped off in his room. Amazing.

We helped my son unpack and set up his room and left. The whole entire process took less than 2 hours.

Pretty much like every other aspect of Alabama we have experienced, it seems too good to be true…Roll tide

Roll tide!

Excellent report! ROLL TIDE!

We moved in on Sat. As we flew in, I had to order most everything on line. I had hoped to have a leisurely breakfast w/ DS that morning, but he had to go to campus and sign for them 2 hours before move in time. So not the leisurely morning I had hoped for, however, there wasn’t a sole in line at the mail center. I asked the girls working there and they told me they thought it would be much busier as Sat they expected 2000 students to move in that day!

@laralei, and all of you incoming FR families, keep us posted on your student’s experiences over the coming months! :wink: