• Parades/fundraising/Pep rallies </p>

<p>Youth Group Networking Coordinator/Akshar Dhwani Band
(church band)
Leadership: Drum captain, networking head
Time Spent each week: 4 Hours </p>

<p>Responsibilities/Duties: </p>

<p>• Created/updates database (Personal
Information/Attendance)
• Coordinate events (Outings/Sports days)
• Distribute information via Yahoo! Groups
• Mentor youth groups (Sunday service)
• Teach/member Akshar Dhwani Band </p>

<p>Science Society
Leadership: President
Time spent each week: 2 Hours </p>

<p>Responsibilities/Duties: </p>

<p>• Designate events/Contact Guest speakers
from universities (UTA, UTD, UNT)
• Advertises meeting via multimedia
presentations
• Set-up experiments/meeting area
• Designed shirt
Awards and Recognitions: Awards/honors: </p>

<p>• Science Standout Award (Chemistry)
• Marcher of the Week Award (School Band)
• National Honor Society - member
• International Baccalaureate curriculum
• Volunteer Service – 150 Hours
• Mu Alpha Theata (Math Honor Society) –
• Bobsled Team (Computer Science Team) –
• Part-Time Job: Cinemark-Usher - 6 hours a
week
Other Information: Under-represented Minority? no
• International Baccalaureate curriculum </p>

<p>HL English
HL History of the Americas
HL Math Methods
HL Physics
SL Computer Science
SL Spanish
TOK
Extended Essay
CAS </p>

<p>I have a total of 92.9930 grade points...I dont know what that means
I got my report cat just now and my gpa went from 4.08 to 4.13. so my rank and all should be better than what is said.</p>

<p>just breathe!</p>

<p>ahhhhh excel you took my advice to look at wisconsin. :D good for you</p>

<p>excel, I had a 3.63 GPA and about the exact same SAT scores as you (550 verbal, 660 math, don't know writing somewhere in the 550 range), although my ACT was a lot better (29 on the ACT, because it's more math and science geared, i'm not an english guy, I read sparknotes)</p>

<p>Anyways, I got postponed and it's really stressful still waiting for a decision. I had about the same scores as applicants who were accpeted. A big thing in Wisconsin's admission is submitting recommendation letters with your initial application. It's optional, but it shows your serious and is the difference between accepted and postponed often.</p>

<p>Also consider taking the ACT. Your SAT isn't too hot, and you may do better on the ACT. I think you stand a good shot with a better test score, and getting your application in early as well as submitting recommendation(s).</p>

<p>Just a thought for the day for excel-</p>

<p>If you really want to go somewhere, apply regardless of your chances. Don't apply anywhere just because you can get in, and don't not apply somewhere just because you think you won't get in. I've seen many of my classmates who have applied places where they don't really want to go, but only applied because they could get in. Also, in my experience, I got in to schools and at this time last year, I wouldn't have expected to get what I have. Also, I know some people whose chances of getting into some colleges were bleak, but they still got in. </p>

<p>Apply to Wisconsin if you really want to go. Don't apply just because people say you should or you have a good chance of getting in. Apply if you can see yourself there.</p>

<p>NA1987 said it pretty well - "Don't apply just because people say you should.... Apply if you can see yourself there."</p>

<p>I can name specific friends (and even myself, in some ways) who fall into the hype. The 'people who say you should' arent simply friends, but the biggest culprits are the books, magazines, and websites. </p>

<p>If have the option to visit places, take it. And if you have to choose between schools, go where <strong><em>you</em></strong> feel comfortable. You're the one that has to live with yourself through thick and thin. good luck my friend.</p>

<p>Wow, I got accepted and trust me I'm no stellar kid. I applied on feb 1st, my application materials were late and I'm OSS. I think what pushed me over was my minority status, socio-economic status, my essay(very narritive) and my two reccomendations.</p>

<p>Point proven. You can get in anywhere, but you won't know unless you apply.</p>

<p>bump.......</p>

<p>anyone????????</p>