My Chances? I'm worried

<p>Hey,</p>

<p>I applied to UA on March 10th (today being april 5th).</p>

<p>I know I applied a little late, but it too ka while ot convince my paretns to let me go to college thta far (I live in NJ).</p>

<p>I have about a 3.0 - 3.2 GPA
school doesnt rank (Private, Catholic high school)
1090 SAT (new verbal&math)
AP Classes and a lot of honors.
Lots of academic awards … lots of debate team awards (lots).
varsity lacrosse
varsity XC
attended the National Youth Leadership Forum
A few state governemtn internships
and some other stuff</p>

<p>I applied as a political science major</p>

<p>any idea of my chaces? I am worried I applied too late ! ! ! ! ! ! !
(although I sent them a letter saying I will immediatly enroll is accepted…first choice school) (and I mean it).</p>

<p>Thanks for the help !</p>

<p>Being from NJ should help as should the AP and honors classes. Sounds like you have a good chance. Good luck!</p>

<p>sounds good ! thanks
my biggest concern is if I applied too late and they can't take me.</p>

<p>will have to wait and see ... I am assuming it won't be too much longer until I hear from UA </p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>Have you checked your status online? It will tell you when all of your materials are in and when your application is being considered. It doesn't take very long after everything is in. Since they take applications through April 1, applying late shouldn't hurt you. As soon as it says a decision has been made, call them to find out. DO NOT WAIT for the letter. It can take three weeks between the time it says a letter has been sent to the time they actually send it. They will tell you over the phone and even explain how to accept before the letter comes. Good luck.</p>

<p>thanx for the tip.</p>

<p>my status changed form needing my transcript to "Under Review" about 4 days ago.</p>

<p>With luck you will move from "Under Review: to "A decision has been made and a letter has been sent to the address on file" by the end of next week. That's when you call. Your biggest rush item will be to apply for housing asap. My daughter is finishing her freshman year and loving it.</p>

<p>end of next week? thats fast !</p>

<p>I know about the housing ... UA's website already says they are 80% full. I prob. wont get the housing I want, but no worries. At this point I just want to get in !</p>

<p>glad to hear your daughter likes it...I've only heard good things about UA.</p>

<p>My D is in university housing which is not run by the school but is a block away very short walk. They will match you with a roomate but you get your own large room with a seperate kitchen and living room. It is cheaper then the dorms and the complex is safe has a pool and jacuzzi, computer lab, full screen TV room, free parking( a huge benefit) and a tanning room? ( not quite sure why in Tucson but whatever) Each student pays seperatly for their own room on their own lease and there are only students in the complex. This is just in case you do not get a decent dorm room when you are accepted. It is an option even though freshman year it is nice to be in a dorm .</p>

<p>azmom that sounds awesome! whats the name of the place your daughter stays!</p>

<p>University Heights, check out their web site</p>

<p>I'll look into thta ... sounds pretty sweet
thanx for the tip</p>