my chances of getting into u wis madison?

<p>hey, i am currently a high school second semester junior. I moved to the states from India at the end of the first semester of junior year. I gave an SAT at the end of my sophomore year and got an 1800. I plan to give it again in May and score around a 2000. I plan to give the ACT a couple of times as well and get a score of around 31-34. Since I moved in the middle of the year, I am currently able to take only 1 AP course (AP Macro) as theyre are not alot of semester long AP courses. Next year I am taking approximately 4-5 AP courses ( AP Chem, AP Calc AB or BC, AP Gov, AP Micro for sure) and the rest are honors courses. I got invited to the National Honor Society, but i dont know about my chances. However I am pretty sure I will get in next year. I am currently getting in A's in most of my classes. I will be doing community service fro the Mother Teresa Foundation in India in the summer and might work for an NGO. My grades according to the Indian System as they are scored on a different basis but I doubt if they will still be as good when they are converted to the American System. What are my chances of getting in? Will my chances worsen as i was not able to take as many AP classes?</p>

<p>Don’t worry. UW will understand why you don’t have the maximun AP courses your current HS offers based on your transfer situation. Enjoy your time in the American HS system- there’s a lot more than just academics. Of course you want to keep up with the academics, but absorb some HS culture as well.</p>

<p>thanx man!</p>

<p>however what do u think are my chances?</p>

<p>If you score 31-34, your chances look good. I think your chances are very low with your SAt’s and they won’t be able to evaluate your high school they way you would like. Don’t bother taking the SAT again unless you score under 30 on your ACT. Good luck</p>

<p>i didnt score so well because i gave it during my sophomore year. i think ill be able to better on the act as it doesnt vocab</p>

<p>any idea how i could improve my chances?</p>

<p>I had a 3.4 weighted GPA and a 1980 SAT. You will get in.</p>

<p>thank u so much. but i dnt have a lot of athletics on my transcript. will that worsen my chances?</p>

<p>Repeat- don’t worry. Be sure to enjpy your HS experience. None of us can guarantee you will be admitted but your chances are very good. Athletics is only one way of doing extracurricular activites- there are many more available to occupy students’ time and energy.</p>

<p>I’d bet this year more got rejected with a 3.4 and 1980 than accepted. That’s very marginal and other factors may have come into play such as location, essays. Kids with far better records got rejected or waitlisted this year. A good record now is over a 3.6-3.7 and over 2100.</p>