my chances please, a safety perhaps?

<p>SAT: 1970 both times | 680-M 590-CR 700-W | 700-M 650-CR 620-W
SAT 2: bio (sucked) 620, taking math 2 in nov.
GPA: 89.6, about a 3.4
Class Rank: top 40%
ExtraC: 4 years of enviro club - president, 4 years of tennis, 3 years of Marching band - pit section leader, 3 years of men's choir, 2 of set crew, 1 of model un, and 1 of robotics
volunteering: a little, but not too much
Classes: taken 5 ap classes, most honors, but not all. I took a VHS class...</p>

<p>I plan on doing Navy ROTC</p>

<p>Can i make it a safety?</p>

<p>I'm out of state.</p>

<p>I wouldn't say you can make this a safety.</p>

<p>Absolutely not a safety. You've got a pretty good shot but it isn't a safety.</p>

<p>awesome. i want to go there. thanks woodpost and chuy</p>

<p>id say you have a great chance if your not planning on being an engineer. Also, make sure you know what youre getting into with ROTC. Im currently a freshman in the corps. Its not a traditional program like at other schools. You will definitely be living a very different lifestyle from those at other schools.</p>

<p>Yes, VT was originally a military school and being in the Corps is exceptionally different than being a civilian on campus.</p>

<p>ROTC is rough</p>

<p>actually i am planning on engineering...</p>

<p>can you tell me about your daily schedule with ROTC?</p>

<p>i think i have the drive to do everything...but not the physical capacity</p>

<p>well most of the physical aspect will be done with your respective ROTC. Once classes start, youll PT with Navy on mon and wed mornings. Its not very challenging physically. Just get in shape and youll be fine. The corps is a mental challenge. At first its a big shock, but you get used to it quickly and you make some close friends very fast. </p>

<p>As far as lifestyle goes, its strict for freshman. Im not going to go into details but what i would suggest is that you try the spend the night program. You can spend a night in the cadet dorms and get a good look at what life is like here. They will tell you all about it and you can see if its for you.</p>

<p>Also, engineering is a beast. My roommate and several of my buds are engineers and they spend their nights studying nonstop. The corps is actually a big help there, since they keep you away from alot of the distractions that civillians run into. Every school night, we have four hours of mandatory study time in our rooms. They put the most emphasis on academics and that is a huge help, since as a freshman, theres really nothing else to do but study.</p>

<p>Yeah, if you're a Corps freshman (especially in engineering) your schedule consists of Physical Training, Studying, Going to class, cleaning up the water/baby powder messes the upperclassmen make in your room to screw with you (if you have a-hole upperclassmen) and then study some more. You can sleep too I think. After first semester the corps are dropping like flies from the engineering program.</p>

<p>nick4060 and chuy WOW thanks. you guys have been a great help. Thank you very much. I think this is what I want to do though. I need to get my act together anyway.</p>

<p>I have the drive. I think I do. I've been running and working out (a little), so I'm getting in shape.</p>

<p>My interview with the NROTC guy is this week. What are the chances I get a full scholarship?</p>

<p>Alot of cadets here have scholarships. Especially the engineers, since that is a field that the military really wants. I only got a 3year scholarship from the AF since im int'l studies, lol. </p>

<p>But again, remember that engineering is tough and if you get awarded a scholarship with that major, you will lose it if you decide to switch out later.</p>