My Chances

<p>Hello everyone! I recently took a tour of TCU and I fell in love, but I was intimidated by the incredibly low acceptance rate. I submitted my application for scholarship consideration, and I have been really stressed out about not getting accepted because of my low SAT score. </p>

<p>Texas Resident/Hispanic
Major: Communications</p>

<p>GPA: 3.5795 out of 4.0</p>

<p>AP Courses: AP English Language, AP US History, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Physics B. I also have five other pre-ap courses that I have taken.</p>

<p>Dual Enrollment Courses: Composition I, Composition II, Algebra</p>

<p>SAT [all three sections]: 1510 :|</p>

<p>Extra-Curricular Activities from all four years:
UIL Informative Speaking [Team Captain]
National Hispanic Institute [Active Participant, Volunteer]
National Honor Society
Health Occupation Students of America
UIL One-Act Play [Assistant Stage Manager]
Dramatic Society
Track & Field
Cross Country
Tae Kwon Do</p>

<p>Active member in my church. Currently helping in a Teen ACTS retreat and holding two leadership positions.</p>

<p>248 Community service hours.</p>

<p>Two letters of recommendation.</p>

<p>This would really help me sleep better at night, thank you!</p>

<p>Your SAT score is not exceptional, but everything else looks good. I believe you have a great chance of being admitted!</p>

<p>thank you so much! I’ll keep you updated!</p>

<p>Any time! Good thoughts and prayers coming your way!</p>

<p>My friend got in Early with a score close to that. I’m sure they’ll accept you! Your extracurriculars should be a good support.</p>

<p>I got rejected :|</p>

<p>Not to discourage, but I’m a native american student with a 3.54 GPA that takes many ap classes (I’m also an AP scholar with honor), scored a 2040 on my SAT, 32 on ACT (perfects in both english and reading) and I got wait listed.</p>

<p>According to the “averages” they accept I should have been admitted, but I wasn’t. You still have a great chance though!</p>