My chances?

<p>Weight gpa = 4+(not too sure exact number)
Sat 1890- 720 math 600 English
200+ volunteer hours
Working as a page
Quiz bowl tournament,ent player
5 years of music</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>What classes make up the GPA? What major? What is the UW GPA?</p>

<p>Unweighted will be 4/4 . 1 ap 1 honors going to have 3 more ap in September</p>

<p>Engineering</p>

<p>What is your grading scale given I do not understand how your UW GPA can be greater than 4. Are you on a 5 point scale? What level and type of Science & Math classes have you taken. In-state or out of state.</p>

<p>it’s on a 5 point scale. honors physics chem bio. trig aleg geo precal. going to take ap ab calc ap physic b…ummm out of state</p>

<p>Does this mean an A = 5, B = 4, C=3, D=2 and F=0? If so, your converted GPA on a 4pt scale is around 3.0, correct? </p>

<p>It would be 3.5+…why are you so deep into this?</p>

<p>It is hard to discuss your chances with vague information. But if you are not deep into this yourself, then the discussion may not be worthwhile.</p>

<p>Okay so what else do you guys need??
Ummmm taking act in September to try to get better score…that’s all I got</p>

<p>I wanted to understand the numbers you povided so I could put them on a consistent basis with how VT will assess them. On the surface, without knowing you have a 5 pts scale, a 4.0 GPA seems very high and looks great. Knowing that it first needs to be converted to a 4pt scale and therefore is more in the 3.5 range, changes how people might assess your chances. I asked UW GPA given every school weights differently, so seeing an UW GPA helps assess the quality of the GPA (eliminates grade inflation due to weights). Understanding what classes comprise a GPA is also important. Engineering being one of the most difficult to get accepted in requires a very rigorous H.S. classes. For Engineering, they want to see B+/A in those upper level Math/Science classess. So, if your GPA is based on standard classes vs the AP Physics, AP Calc, etc. that also effects the guess you are asking us to make. Lastly, out of state is normally more competitive than in state. Hope this explains more clearly why so many questions.</p>