Chance Me??

<p>3.4 UW GPA
1910 SAT - 720 Math, 580 CR, 610 Writing</p>

<p>Would like to get into Engineering, but my second choice is undecided.
Any chance for me?</p>

<p>Depends on what the make-up of your UW GPA is and your school’s grading scale. (ie: type/level of classes). Then, we would all be guessing anyway given there are so many variables.</p>

<p>For example, my son was accepted to Engineering ED for Fall 2011 with similar UW GPA (3.47) and SATs (760 Math, 590 Reading). Our schools grading scale was 94-100 = A, 86-93= B, 78-85 = C, 70-77 = D. No plus / minus on a 4-pt scale. At the end of his Junior year he had completed the basic social science classes (only Human Geog was AP), 4 years Spanish, 1 year Latin, Math through AP Calc (5 on exam), and Science through Physics (ie: Biology, Chem, Physcis), Honors and AP English 11. His Senior year classes where AP English, AP Govt, AP Physics, AP Stats, etc. He had NHS, Varsity VB and Swimming, but other than that, no real extra items. When this question was asked on various sites with his basic information of Weighted & UW GPA and SAT scores, 95% of people replied his chances were slim to none. So, my thoughts are we would all be guessing and only VT admissions has the right answer given your situation. So, submit that application, you have nothing to lose. Good luck.</p>

<p>Thank you. My school’s grading scale is
A+ = 95-100
A = 90-94
B+ = 85-89
B= 80-94
C+= 75-79
C= 70-74
I have also taken 3 APs</p>

<p>Bummmmmmmmppp</p>

<p>Apply to Engineering and choose University studies as a backup. Many engineering students will start in US and then transfer. Good Luck.</p>

<p>Rather than relying on anecdotal evidence, check out this link. Provides data on the incoming freshman class. </p>

<p>[Admissions</a> | Institutional Research & Effectiveness Home | Virginia Tech](<a href=“http://www.ir.vt.edu/work_we_do/demo_enroll/admission/studentAdmission.html]Admissions”>http://www.ir.vt.edu/work_we_do/demo_enroll/admission/studentAdmission.html)</p>

<p>Your GPA is below the 25th percentile but your math SAT is at the 75th percentile. VT will calculate your GPA based on their own “formula”, so what you have posted here and what they calculate may be different.</p>

<p>Best of luck to you.</p>