Chance me please :)

<p>I'm an out of state junior with a 3.4 GPA and an 1800 SAT score. Plus I do community service, started a club at my school, and placed third at a regional science fair. I know my GPA isn't great but I was wondering how likely it would be for me to get into Virginia Tech.
Thanks</p>

<p>Is your GPA un-weighted (i.e., no bonus points for honors or AP) on a 4 point scale? It’s tough to compare GPA’s across states because the scoring can be so different. Community service, clubs and science fairs are nice. But, when you look at other applicants you’ll realize that everyone has so many extras that it’s hard to distinguish yourself. Your chances are anyone’s guess. It’s harder to get into Engineering and Architecture than Arts & Sciences or Business or Agriculture.</p>

<p>That’s the weighted GPA. Plus I’d probably go in for business so I’m hoping it’d be a little less competitive</p>

<p>Depending on your grading scale, your GPA may trip you up even for business. The mid-50% GPA is around 3.9, which can be misleading depending on scales. VT is very statistic driven.</p>

<p>Thanks for the input</p>